Ooooooh my car has decided to go N/A

jodielocks

Member +
Last Saturday my Glanza was really sluggish - I had quite a lot of stuff in the back of the car, so i thought it was that weighing it down (I even notice the difference with a passenger in the car)

On Monday (after i got the stuff out of the car) I was going to open up on the motorway when i noticed there was no boost at all, the boost lights werent coming on and couldn't get above 0.5 on the boost gauge.

There is no difference with how she is running, no strange noises, no smoke at all and no fluids coming out of anywhere. I've checked all the pipes and everything seems where it should be.

I get one boost light that comes on at about 4000 revs but nothing more and when the car is stationary, I can still rev up and make her dump.

The only thing that is different is the exhaust sounds a lot beefier (which sounds cool) but i have looked underneath and its still together and connected to the manifold fine.

Has this happened to anyone before? Could this mean my turbo is fucked or could it be something completely different?

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

nutta

Member +
sounds like a pipe has either come off the actuator or bov or summut.

have a look for a pipe floating around

good luck

J

*JO*

this happened to me before hunni. one of my fmic pipes came off +we just reconnected+all was fine :)

x x x

dac69er

Super Moderator
actuator rod has probably come off the wastegate arm.

or you have a leak on your ic piping

jodielocks

Member +
I thought it may be a pipe somewhere, but i have an RX7 top mount and its all fine. The actuator is all in one piece as well (i thought the clip might have come off)

:confused:

GT_Irl

Member +
exhaust sounds beefier....cracked mani, cracked decat pipe or blowing exhaust??? Would also explain the loss of boost, inspect em all i'd say!

dac69er

Super Moderator
exhaust sounds beefier....cracked mani, cracked decat pipe or blowing exhaust??? Would also explain the loss of boost, inspect em all i'd say!

could be the classic case of the nuts coming off the manifold where it meets the turbo. i have 2 come completely off before. if left long enough all could fall off, would sound beefier then

munday

Member +
Or one of the IC pipes could still be connected but the clamp has come loose? Meaning it boosts a little bit but leaks when the boost gets up.

Can have a look for ya if its still a problem early next week?

GT_Irl

Member +
imo if the exhaust sounds beefier the problem has got too be exhaust related not i/c pressure related... when my i/c pipe blew off there was no change too the exhaust note, if anything it was quieter. I would be looking at exhaust side, housing, turbo, mani, downpipe and the exhasut itself