OVerheating problem Radiator or what?

luimivrs

Member +
guys this is my project its been like 6 mounth ago from the swap..my problem is that the car was running hot 85 90 even 95 on had driving but that on the day on the night no problem at all the temp was allways at 80 Degree ( celcius ) i let the original radiator and fan ( one single fan of 12 inch with 4 paddle ) allthis its without using the ac them i upgrade the fan for 2 fans 10 inch slim with 10 paddle each and the temp still are going high when hard driving even at 100 celcius the radiator its single rod so i think that the radiator have no power cooling enough also the engine ( 4efte ) its almost stock running 11 psi on ct9 with some mods of fuelling and exhoust also im planing running the a/c .. it get even more hot so what u guys think i should do ??? ( also let me add that here its making really hot 34 35 celcius on day )
thanks a lot

gv1.3

Admin
what car is the radiator you are using actually from? Given the high temps you have with the weather at the moment if it is a cheap single core rad that could be your problem.

If you are planning on running more boost I think it would be a good idea to invest in a high quality radiator.

luimivrs

Member +
the radiator im using is the oem from the original skoda fabia that its single core mm the , thermostat is fine

maybe u need a bigger radiator
also check to make sure your fan is coming on as it should, when it should and spinning on the correct direction

EvilKnievel

Member +
Start checking the simple things, disconect your rad pipes top and bottom, stick a water hose in and check if the water runs through the rad freely, flush it out with some radiator flush. Check your thermostat, put it in some hot to boiling water and have a look if it opens, or remove it and drive a bit to see if still overheat. I usual fit a lower temp thermostat so that it opens earlier. Check if your water pump is running, sure you know how. Also from the pics and seeing your bumper, is your rad getting enough airflow?

Otherwise as said before, bigger better rad.

How long have you been driving with that rad and has it giver problems before?

good luck mate

Last edited:

STARLET N/A

Member +
I'm pretty sure that the single core radiators are from n/a starlet's 4EFE. i think you need a 4EFTE radiator which i believe are dual core. or you can invest in a aluminum radiator. as said above check your thermostat. i think you got the wrong radiator tbh.

weeJohn

Lifer
The Fabia designed radiator is probably matched to the newer Fabia designed engine. You would be better to get a bigger radiator as the older 4efte engine would probably not be as efficient in terms of cooling. The Toyota rad has a 1 Bar rad cap to pressurise the system, whats the Skoda cap?

As the man says above, start with the basics first. Flush the rad, check the stat and test the fan is coming on (about 93 Celcius usually).

!st 4EFTE I have ever seen in a Skoda, like it!!!