Overheating

Knightsy-EP91

Member +
Hey peeps!

I did a search and checked things so i will make a list of what ive done so far.

Firstly i noticed it majorly overheating when i was driving home so i turned it off and rolled back to my house lol.

My gf said there was water hit her foot in the footwell yesterday, im loosing coolant but no sign of HG failure. The waterpump seems to be working on inspection, the rad pipes are hot on top and warm on bottom but are soft, so lack of pressure?

I cant see any leaks and ive topped up the coolant again and it seems to have dropped even tho it hasnt been run.

Tomorrow im going to test the thermostat and bypass the heater matrix to check those any other ideas or anything ive missed?

I hope its not the HG or i might just give up and sell her because im so broke atm :( :flame:

corofin12345

Member +
could well be your heater matrix... id change the thermostat anyway for peace of mind and bypass the heater matrix to see if it still over heats

smythy75

Member +
sounds silly but is the belt still on water pump etc?

if she felt water is the carpet wet or anything?

Knightsy-EP91

Member +
sounds silly but is the belt still on water pump etc?

if she felt water is the carpet wet or anything?

Yea the belts still on and the pump is turning. Nah she just had a few drips on her foot which was obv hot lol n made her jump :p didnt think anything of it at the time. The other thing is when i gun it sometimes coolant comes out of my overflow?

Knightsy-EP91

Member +
I checked my rad again this morning and it was near enough empty, i thought wtf! and went to work.

Went into my car earlier to get my iPod and ive got like 1-2 inches of coolant in my passenger footwell :homer: stupid heater matrix has obv cracked or whatever. The thing thats pissed me off is that my iPod is now soaked and probably dead :( but at least i know whats wrong now lol.