oversize pistons at 74.5mm

dark_knight

Member +
which other toyo engines come with 74.5mm pistons that can be used on the -fte as oversize..? it needs to have the same 77.4mm stroke. am i clutching at straws with this..? :confused:
need to have a block bored and so looking at alternatives..

AdamB

Member +
Not sure about that, but I do know someone has previously used Suzuki pistons, although I think they were 75mm.

wickedep

Trader
mate, why not just buy a set of forged pistons? even a cheap set would be better than a oem set...when you factor in the cost of machining etc and all..it may all work out to be the same..

dark_knight

Member +
you lads seem to forget that i'm out here in the middle of nowhere and in as much as getting the forged set would be a bonus and an affordable option at that, shipping them into my locale will cost more than the units themselves.. :D hehehe, so it's not really the number one option.. :)
the block that needs the oversize pistons is a little worn and would definitely need boring and once that is done, i will have to go oversize.. unless you chaps think there is another way around this..

AdamB

Member +
You could sleeve the block to accept smaller pistons, it's a lot of hassle though.

Try find some pistons from a Suzuki Vitara ;)

Skalabala

Member +
If you use vitara pistons then you are going to have a CR of 6:1 with 1.2mm gasket and CR of 6.5:1 with no gasket installed.

dark_knight

Member +
no thank you on the vitara pistons. need a CR higher than the sixes for off-boost driving and to make the car manageable.. :)

AdamB

Member +
If you use vitara pistons then you are going to have a CR of 6:1 with 1.2mm gasket and CR of 6.5:1 with no gasket installed.

Whats the dish size on them? They don't look too bad, maybe around 13-15cc?
Obviously it would be best to avoid them, I see someone using them in a sprint car, but if you get that stuck with no other options.

Skalabala

Member +
Whats the dish size on them? They don't look too bad, maybe around 13-15cc?
Obviously it would be best to avoid them, I see someone using them in a sprint car, but if you get that stuck with no other options.

They are 16cc Adam. And the compression height is 28.3mm. No good
Way better to go with low comp 5E pistons with a skimm on the piston crown.

Iain@CRD

Lifer
you lads seem to forget that i'm out here in the middle of nowhere and in as much as getting the forged set would be a bonus and an affordable option at that, shipping them into my locale will cost more than the units themselves.

This statement made me curious and i wanted to see if i could infact aid you in what you are looking for.

It appears i can get a parcel out to you with the rough weight and dimensions a forged piston box would be for around £57.00 :).

I can also fully insure the package for an extra £7.99 incase anything happens.

Last edited: