Painting rocker cover, opinions needed

MJA

Member +
Picked up a new rocker cover a couple of days ago, and i need some inspiration :p i like Dave Burwash's blue one, and Dane's black/silver one but i'd like to do something different (bearing in mind everything in my engine bay is blue apart from the magnecores)

here's a pic if anyone's any good with photo shop

TurboDave

Member +
Two I done a few months ago,

IMAG0544.jpg

C

CaL

yeah dave looks mint....gonna leave mine chrome....might paint it pink....actually....wtf....im gonna paint it pink with a tgtt logo on it:D:D

carlos_ep91

Member +
pink suits ya cal ya big pansy!!!! :) if you email samco theyll make you some nice pink samco hoses to youd look well cool then :gt-smilie:

aaronw

Member +
i seen one on here a while back with the rising sun,looked feckin ace!

ill get round to doin mine one day,....

cal...pink...wtf??

mikeylove

Member +
here is one i did about 4 weeks ago

tired old rocker cover

After I cleaned the block with paint stripper

Finally the finished article

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Craig

Lifer
Amazing Mikey!

@ Aaron, The rising sun rocker you spoke of is one of my favourites! Can't remember where I saw it, but I think the "body of the sun" was a red oil filler cap?

I was going to do mine with heat changing paint.

It would be one colour cold and when it heated up it would change and reveal a design underneith.

never got around to doing it though..

one day....

Franza1

Supermoderator & Area Reps Manager
White and Red writing always a good combo.

here's a pic of mine.
It's a bit on the dirty side
EngineNew1.jpg

p-nut

Member +
the thing that annoys me is that ye wud really need a fmic for it to be worth yer while painting the rocker cover, and i cant afford one lol.

have deadly plans for mine, some day.....

p-nut

Member +
you can never go wrong with colour coding it to your car and then adding different coloured lettering

thats what i plan on doing, paint it black (like my car), with red lettering, then red TRD spark leads and all red radiator, turbo and vacuum hosing (like my brakes are going to be)