Panhard rod - Locking nut working loose...

Nippon

Member +
Hey people.

Got a whiteline adjustable panhard rod fitted to my car.
Been on there for about 2 years now.

Had an annoying rattle/knocking noise coming from underneath for a few weeks. Discovered it was the locking nut on the adjustable part of the rod that was loose.
No biggy i thought. Tightened it and the rattle/knock stopped.
Job done i thought.

Thing is 3 days later it is back! I have tightened it again but i dont wanna have to keep jacking the car up and tightening the bolt every 3 days.

Any suggestions to stop this bolt coming loose?????

Cheers
Matt D

Sparky

Member +
This is quite common with the WL bar. As said some loctite will do the job, just give the threads etc a good clean first.

addz

Member +
Blue loctite, if you have none available, then tighten the nut hard, and use a cable tie infront of it. A bit of a bodge but will stop it from moving.

Texx

Super Moderator
It can be a little difficult to get the lock nut tight enough if your led on the floor. I found tightening the nut as far as I could by hand, then jacking the spanner up using a trolley jack left the nut tight enough that it hasn't worked loose in over 2 years.

Sparky

Member +
It can be a little difficult to get the lock nut tight enough if your led on the floor. I found tightening the nut as far as I could by hand, then jacking the spanner up using a trolley jack left the nut tight enough that it hasn't worked loose in over 2 years.

Now thats good thinking lol

dac69er

Super Moderator
im weak and after it came loose once i used some grunt and its never come loose again. i tightened mine up while laying on the floor. stop being pansies!!!

Nippon

Member +
:haha: Cheers.

Liking the trolley jack idea. Shame i dont have one though. Only have the silly little scissor jack that comes with the car. Tools and space are minimal where i live.

Will give it as much welly as i possibly can and if that doesnt work then will try one of the alternatives mentioned above.

Cheers girls ;)