Paranoid alloy wheel questions...

Gee

Member +
Got some new Rota's...and was wondering if guys with Rota's on here ever jet wash them?

I'm scared that the paint might come off or something!? :p

And, what do you torque your nuts up to? I've been told it is 103 NM for Starlets?

Rory

Lifer
You can jet wash them no problem, the wheels are not shit, end of.

Ive never torqued my wheels, i tighten them till i see fit. Never had a problem.

Adam_Glanza

Member +
thats not true mate,

well my jet wash at work gets to like 500 degrees, and if you get it too hot or leave it on the same spot for a certain amount of time it does burn the paint off.

aslong as you do it on a cold setting and dont stay in the same place for a certain amount of time it should be ok

Rory

Lifer
thats not true mate,

well my jet wash at work gets to like 500 degrees, and if you get it too hot or leave it on the same spot for a certain amount of time it does burn the paint off.

aslong as you do it on a cold setting and dont stay in the same place for a certain amount of time it should be ok

But that would be stupid to wash your car at that temperature.....
Also stupid to leave it in one spot to long.....
You just dont do that.

Anyways, power washers are for lazy buggers. Bucket and sponge gives better results.

Adam_Glanza

Member +
maybe stupid but easily done,

just warning because not everybody has "common sense" and are obvious genious's.

i would rather put my point across and not let anybody get stung :)

Rory

Lifer
maybe stupid but easily done,

just warning because not everybody has "common sense" and are obvious genious's.

i would rather put my point across and not let anybody get stung :)

Very true and good point.

But if you implying im a genious, your far wrong, common sense i do have though ;)

Kelly

Member +
also holding the jet wash on the tyre side wall for longer than a few seconds increases the chances of blow out by silly amount like 40%

dac69er

Super Moderator
with a normal nothing super special pressure washer with a non direct jet you will be fine, as long as the paint is in good nic anyway.

as for the torque, yes 103NM is correct as far as im aware.