Parcel shelf bouncing around help me !!!

Hi my parcel shelf in my glanza bounces around constantly only way to drown out the sound it to turn the music up as there's 6x9s in them. I don't no if there's something missing to hold it down better but the lugs on the shelf just insert in the slot but nothing holdin it in firmly. I've tried loads things to stop it. ATM I've used a load of zipties and zip tied it to the rear strut brace to hold it down but only helps a bit. Seems that the half of the shelf closest to window is stil bangin up and down now, drives me mad

Paul_JJ

Member +
Hi my parcel shelf in my glanza bounces around constantly only way to drown out the sound it to turn the music up as there's 6x9s in them. I don't no if there's something missing to hold it down better but the lugs on the shelf just insert in the slot but nothing holdin it in firmly. I've tried loads things to stop it. ATM I've used a load of zipties and zip tied it to the rear strut brace to hold it down but only helps a bit. Seems that the half of the shelf closest to window is stil bangin up and down now, drives me mad

Put something under the parcel shelf. I use antislip material, does a good job.

Kl, screwing em down seems the best bet underneath threw the lips on the side tye shelf str8 through to the plastic in the body, fing wont budge then

From what I remember there should be 2 small legs on the boot lid think they hold the parcel shelf tight when it's shut check to see if there missing mate

Starlet__SR

Member +
On the back of the parcel shelf there should be two rubber dampers. These compress over time and lose their shape. All I did was put some rubber hose inside to give it the shape back

D

Ye I've stil got those rubber things On the shelf m8 I no what u sayin, they don't press against the glass tho, is that what they should do? Kinda explains it now. What did u do with hose m8 and what u mean a rubber hose like of the turbo actuator type of hose?

I duno I'll hav to hav a look c the gap between the rubber bumpers on the shelf in-between the glass when the boots shut. If it's too much of a gap I'll just screw it down the screws will be out of site and not really noticeable. I duno where you can put double sided tape layered up, did u mean put it on the actual bump stops so it presses against the glass cuz that Wud just peel of when boot opens.

Like starlet sr has said, the little dampners on the parel shelf are like little hoops so yea put a piece of actuator hose in the hoops and this might help press the wee dampners against your boot when closed and hopefully solve the rattle, is your two plastic clips in properly and tight and your parcel shelf properly clicked into the clips?...

.mine cause me a headache then I finally solved the problem...a week later I had the shelf out and lost a clip, now it does my head in again. Must invest in a new clip

Starlet__SR

Member +
Silicon hose I used, its not too hard, any rubber hose will do though, just has to be the correct diamater so its a tight fit in the rubber dampers

D

There's no clips there m8 the lugs in the shelf just slot into that gap in the plastic but nothing holding it down then, I'll hav to look at them rubber bits tomorrow I think there to far away from the window I might screw it down it doesn't bother me too much If its screwd in aslong as it stops bouncin around

triple j

Member +
the very thing i was going to tell you not to do.... Rough or what.....

can you not use double sided tape, layered up to act as an absorbing/dampening material , much better than ugly 6 inch screws

use double sided tape if your a granny driver, put the 2 screws in tidy not rough and forget about it

triple j

Member +
the very thing i was going to tell you not to do.... Rough or what.....

can you not use double sided tape, layered up to act as an absorbing/dampening material , much better than ugly 6 inch screws

use double sided tape if your a granny driver, put the 2 screws in tidy not rough and forget about it