part numbers?

ssl

Fresh Recruit
does anyone know what the part numbers are for the coolant temp sensor and air temp sensors?

Mikey B

Lifer
Coolent temp sensor for a 4e-fte part number 89422-20010 for a 1995 ep82 gt not sure if they changed it but that part number should work accross the board for the ep91 and ep82

Dont know what the air temp sensor your on about? i dont think it has a air temp sensor in the intake? the 4e-fe engine had one but not sure on the
4e-fte

ssl

Fresh Recruit
i was under the impression that the sensor on the front side of the intake manifold just to the left of the TMIC in the pic was an air temp sensor

p1020046.jpg

this things still running rich after it warms up. i managed to cross reference the part number for the o2 sensor to find one to match. apparently one from a 91 v6 camry will work. the other thing im thinking of is running the original 2 wire sensor from the car (92 tercel) and splicing the ground wire on it to the ground on the tmep sensor.

im assuming the temp sensor is working since it knows when its warm and starts dumping fuel.

i just spent a couple hours probing sensors. i got 0.7-0.9v while idle from the o2

i was getting about 1.5-2.5v on the pink wire in the map sensor from idle and revving it a little. im using a 4AGZE map sensor now. i was using a 4E sensor that i borrowed. a guy in the states who does 4E swaps told me the GZE sensor will work, as would a 3sgte sensor, and 1jz sensor. it was running rich with both sensors though. but the funny thing is it seems to smarten up if i unplug the map while its running.

i tried unpluggin the temp, o2, air temp, and idle air while running, the only one that makes a change, is the idle air, but thats expected

but like i said, its fine until it warms up. so i can drive it but if i pull it in neutral, the rev's bounce, and im assuming thats due to leftover fuel in the cylinders that it doesnt have the air to compensate for.

sorry about the blurb guys