Parts to help me after writing her off...

Sazzy

Member +
I rear ended someone witha tow bar the other day... the insurance company are going to write her off but I may be able to stop them writing her off by providing some of the bits at my own cost so they only have to pay the labour.... she only passed her mot 2 days before, and has just had a few hundred spent on new parts and stuff :( does anyone have...

front slam panel
rad
aircon
air con dryer bottle
front bumper
fan
bumper reinforcer
rear fan
???

PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME I DON'T WANT MY PRINCESS TO GO TO HEAVEN SHE WAS SOOO MINT UNTIL I DID THIS TO HER I'M DEVASTATED :( :rolleyes::noidea:

Sazzy

Member +
is it the same as the quadlight ep82 rad? if soooo I may be interested but I now have to wait till monday for the go ahead from the insurance company... :(

What is the condition etc please?

ktl

Member +
is it the same as the quadlight ep82 rad? if soooo I may be interested but I now have to wait till monday for the go ahead from the insurance company... :(

What is the condition etc please?
there bigger then the ep82 rad.. dual core. no leaks and i used it @ 1 bar on hybrid and was fine untill i wanted a smaller rad.

Sazzy

Member +
I'm not sure they will allow me to have it fitted then, I will find out and if they will I will contact you, if not thank you for your time! :)

wee-jo

Member +
You know you can get most of those parts from a toyota dealer. They have an import database with the parts listed. I got a slam panel and stuff from them when i had a front end shunt, reasonable prices too.

Sazzy

Member +
Yes but as the insurance company are not willing to repair her at toyotas prices if I can source some of the bits then they may repair her and not write her off!!!... I am not in employment at the moment it's not easy times... I want to save her not send her off to heaven :(

Rory

Lifer
front slam panel
rad
aircon **
air con dryer bottle**
front bumper
fan**
bumper reinforcer
rear fan

Whip the air conn out, it will be burst, so there is no expense there in getting it de-gassed. ;)
All items above marked with an ** you wont need then.

Have a look around in the forsale section on here for anyone breaking a EP82.
As for the Rad you have been offered, take it, the insurance will be none the wiser. They look identical, but the Glanza ones are slightly thicker (ooo er).

How big of a dunt did you give the car?
Can only think its fooked, if your in need of a rad fan!!
If thats fooked, then i would presume there will be chassis leg damage and cross member damage also.

Get a couple of pics up.

Sazzy

Member +
The garage it is at will not repair it unless they put back what is damaged which means the air con has to go back on, it also has to be standard parts in good condition. It's still there under the insurances instruction I've told them to explore every possible way to repair the vehicle, yes the chassis leg is bent but... jigg will sort that out

Sazzy

Member +
DSC00927.jpg

umm slightly bent
DSC00925.jpg

Just to add insult to injury lol!
DSC00921.jpg

It doesn't look too bad from here... but the hole next to the plate is where the towbar went straight through!
DSC00920.jpg

Smashed up horn lol!
DSC00919.jpg

Well the circle bit is the shape of the ball on top of his towbar... this is where is enialted the rad!
DSC00918.jpg

I know it doesn't look that bad but they cost the parts up at 2k :(

Mike D EP82

Member +
theyre talking shite mate, i bought a slam panel, headlamp panel and a bumper support for im sure less than £100 from toyota, find a mate or someone to realign and fit them. my car was alot lot worse than that and it cost me around £500 to fix. and that included a brand spanking quadlamp. tbh they arent hard to do yourself. i done alot of it myself and got a boy at my work to do the donkey work like alignment. i drilled everything out myself and fitted all the bolt on stuff myself. hope you get it sorted

Mike D EP82

Member +
Yes but as the insurance company are not willing to repair her at toyotas prices if I can source some of the bits then they may repair her and not write her off!!!... I am not in employment at the moment it's not easy times... I want to save her not send her off to heaven :(

dont claim then? or refuse to let her out of your possession. my car was a week late being picked up so i decided to 'steal' the Toms bumper off it and blame it from neds roundabout the area and told them that they wont be fucking me over because of their incompetance :p. theres always a way