Petrol light

oggy182

Fresh Recruit
Hi guys, just wandering if anyone else has had this problem and wether or not it got sorted. Basically a long time ago the petrol went down to low an as it does, it put the petrol light on. I then filled it to the brim, then the gauge showed it had a full tank, yet weirdly the light stayed on. I just thought it was sticking so left it for a bit to see if its settled in, anyway 3 months later the light is still on, and its starting to bug me when people keep saying o you've got no fuel, when actually the gauge clearly shows 3/4 a tank, no matter how much fuel is in the car, the light stays on. Has anyone else had this problem? Or no what causes it? Thanks

mork

Member +
No. Just replaced it and it was okay, so assumed it could be electrical related. But yours could be something else. Have you removed and tested the fuel float in the tank?

oggy182

Fresh Recruit
Ah right I'm guessing it is the gauge then, as yea I took the sender out and moved it around and cleaned contacts, but still did it after. Did you replace the whole speedo, or is there a separate but for the petrol gauge? Thanks