Petrol Prices rise tonight...

Skidz

Fresh Recruit
Just heard on the radio that as of midnight, petrol will rise by 2p per litre. Fantastic way to help people out in a recession and people that are saving for silly mortgage deposits! :mad::shoot::shoot::shoot::shoot::shoot::shoot:

wee-jo

Member +
The rise in petrol will net the government an extra £1.6 billion, crazy when you reckon how little the rise is, but the rise will also leave a hole in your pocket to the sum of about £60 a year!

same here in Malta, every month it goes up and up,last one was an increase of €0.19c per litre :S still not heard for tomorrow's changes in prices if will happen, hope that they will decrease a bit, its €1.19 per litre right now, pretty high for here unfortunately.

also here only one type of unleaded is available and is supplied by one company only(monopoly is always the customer enemy), so nothing to choose from like you have!

monka

Member +
yeah net the goverment money, but that will just cripple the economy even more, as we the consumers have less money to spend on other consumable's, and the ones that we can afford become more expensive as the cost of production/transporting the products go up, so with have less even still to spend. eventually more and more business's close, and less people are spending money on fuel any way. which means less people driving,

way i see it.

drop fuel to 70p a litre, enthusiasts start driving for pleasure more any way with the cheaper prices.

people have more money to spend in the shops, which means more people put petrol in there cars to go to shops, at the same time production costs come down, which means even more people to the shops, and being that there is more demand for products, business's flourish/employ more people, which in tunrn means more people out buying cars and fuel, simple and effective i think

monka

Member +
also, isnt oil supposed to be at its cheapest for a while now ? ie, not as as expensive as the last time it was at these prices?

its a chain reaction, an increase in fuel prices and everybody will suffer.

They always use the excuse of oil price being high, for the increase in fuel prices, which isn't true!

Starlet_Sam

Moderator, Regional Area Reps Supervisor & Gay Car
Can't say I'm too bothered, if they didn't tax fuel then they'd tax something else. They will get your money either way.

The recession was made even worse by the media, it's not all the bankers fault! The media were too busy scaremongering and people started saving their money.

An example, my boss at work used to go out with his wife to a restaurant every week. When the recession started they stopped. This may sound sensible but I'll put it like this, his job wasn't in danger and his pay was exactly the same. So because they had heard all these things on the news they stopped spending that £50ish a week, so the local trade suffers as a result.

I'll be quite honest, I have felt zero effects of this recession.