PFC commander?

sanchez

Member +
Recently struck a deal with a guy on here, and i now have a Apexi PFC for my GT, chuffed to bits :)

But upon inspection of the commander, found a little bit of damage i think? It was mentioned that it had a small mark on screen but i think this is worse being the insides etc
DSCF0954.jpg

Anyone know if that will result in the whole screen being bust, or should it be ok when turnt on?

Cant try it out as cars not with me atm.

Any help appreciated :D

Last edited:

dac69er

Super Moderator
hard to tell but looks like there might be some damage to the lcd in the centre. i would imagine the screen would work but reading the centre part of the screen might be a bit hard.

it may also not work at all, you will need to try it to make 100% sure.

sanchez

Member +
Hmm i received it today, maybe damaged in transit?
As im sure the guy i bought it from said no damage...

My mate has a ep82, could plug it into his i suppose?

Kelly

Member +
Hmm i received it today, maybe damaged in transit?
As im sure the guy i bought it from said no damage...

My mate has a ep82, could plug it into his i suppose?

I'd get this sorted sooner rather than later as you dont wanna be bringing up this damage issue after its been in your possesion for quite awhile. So do your best to try get this plugged in and viewed.
In my opinion something as important as this should have been packaged up to avoid such easy damage (that's if it was done in transit).

My treadmill has those marks etc on the LCD display when i've been running on it for quite some time they appear. Everything is still visable but doesnt look that great and in my case they disapear when not in use. So those being present when turned off could possibly be a problem for viewing especially with it being right in the centre of the screen.

sanchez

Member +
Thanks Kelly yeah it was sent yesterday and i got it this morning, anly just had a proper look at it.
It was packaged quite well to be fair, bubble wrap etc

Im going to see if my mates free tomorrow to try it, also contacted the seller :)

BallıGee

Member +
you can buy the lcd from here
http://graphic-lcd-lcds.shopeio.com/inventory/details.asp?id=765&cat=Lcds&sub=Graphic Lcd

got the info from here

http://paulr33.skylinesaustralia.com/docs/powerfc-faq/powerfc-faq.htm

Is there a replacement hand controller screen?
As an unofficial replacement hand controller screen you can check out here for a suitable 128x128 backlit LCD. It even comes in different colours to be cool. I am unsure if this model works OK with the apexi hand controller.

I have tried using the Sieko screen on my personal hand controller work bench and it did not work.
The screen simply refuses to power up and light up. Try it yourself if you wish - you might get lucky.

sanchez

Member +
Cheers Gee, some very useful links there mate!

The first link you posted, is that a replacement screen for the commander?
It says out of stock?

sanchez

Member +
Whats the best way to test this out?

Battery disconnect, remove ecu, fit pfc and commander, then fit battery back and it should come on??

dac69er

Super Moderator
ive never worried about disconnecting the battery, i ujust disconnect the efi fuse, but either method is fine. tbh probably wouldnt make any difference if you didnt disconnect anything 1st, ive done it in the past with no problems.

slap the power fc and commander in and then put the fuse/battery connector back on and turn ignition on. you will see straight away whether it works or not

sanchez

Member +
Does it matter if there are some pins missing from the connecters Dunc?
Also just tried it quick, it didnt seem to want to fit, like it fitted easy to the standard ecu but didnt look like it would fit the apexi?

dac69er

Super Moderator
hmmm. cant remember off hand as mine is in the car but im sure all the pins should be there!!!!

if the power fc powers up and allows the car to start then the commander should work too.

you sure you have a ep82 them pins are missing on my mates harrness aswel so no need to worry there and i just clicked that link that replacement screens a bargain lol, hmmm what way is it not plugging in dude