piggy back

twin cam

Member +
wel, i havent a clue about ecu's and all that but what is a biggy back ecu, is it true that u just plug it into the standard ecu and thats it? thanks

twin cam

Member +
o rite, thanks, iv heard of them ecus thar pre mapped, what do ye make of them, on average do they add much power ect.

bucketep91

Member +
plug and play ecu's such as jam,blitz,sard,mines etc are a direct replacment for the standard unit, they have a more aggresive map and seem to give good results. i know some1 who made over 200 on a standard CT9! hes on here

twin cam

Member +
plug and play ecu's such as jam,blitz,sard,mines etc are a direct replacment for the standard unit, they have a more aggresive map and seem to give good results. i know some1 who made over 200 on a standard CT9! hes on here

iv been searching and i cant find any ansers, culd someone give me the specs of each of these and which would ye reccomend

bucketep91

Member +
they all do the same job and tbh i dont think youl find any specs from them. they give quite impressive results but it would be a good idea to run a wideband to keep an eye on fueling.
i dont know which is best as iv no experiance with any of them but either will be up to the job

churcherj

Member +
all of them are pretty rare and hard to come buy, hence the price of them is quite high! they all do the same in principle, for the money you spend on one of these you could probably afford an emanage unit which is mapable, although maybe this doesnt suit you but its an option :)

bumblebee

Member +
thanks, whats a wideband

a wideband is used to monitor your air/fuel ratio

basically, to see if you're running rich or lean

Rich - a higher fuel to air ratio (more fuel than air)
Lean - a higher air to fuel ratio (more air than fuel) (you dont want this!!)

so no matter what kind of tuning you're doing its a must have..
look for the AEM Wideband, its a good unit

twin cam

Member +
a wideband is used to monitor your air/fuel ratio

basically, to see if you're running rich or lean

Rich - a higher fuel to air ratio (more fuel than air)
Lean - a higher air to fuel ratio (more air than fuel) (you dont want this!!)

so no matter what kind of tuning you're doing its a must have..
look for the AEM Wideband, its a good unit

thanks for that. rep added