piston rings or turbo??

ok the oil seals went in my turbo so got a 2nd hand one cheap but its not smoking as bad as the 1st turbo was? its still blowing lots of oil out the dv. i toke out the sparks and they had oil on them? the car seems to be runnig sound bar the oil out the dv and the smoke when you rev it after idleing? is it just the turbo shagged or is there piston rings gone? the oil was on all 4 spark plus, can anyone help??

Decep82

Member +
sounds to me like an engine breathing problem same happened me , if u pull the pipe of going from the rocker cover to the inlet manifold leaving the pipe on the inlet and plug it a bolt that wil tell u if u have a breathing trouble worth a try ;)

sounds to me like an engine breathing problem same happened me , if u pull the pipe of going from the rocker cover to the inlet manifold leaving the pipe on the inlet and plug it a bolt that wil tell u if u have a breathing trouble worth a try ;)

well that bit that is on the rocker cover is leaking, but i cant see how that would make a dif? and make it blow oil out the dv? mabey im wrong?

Decep82

Member +
try it i didnt believe the person who told me either , i woild try every thing u can before u replcae turbo or rings lad

Chris@CCM

Member +
if u still have the efi pipe on take the breather off it and go for a hard drive if ur there much oil comes out of it its prob ur pistons broken

Jaf_ep91

Member +
my mates got a golf mark 1 with a 20v turbo in it, the turbo seals went and we replaced the turbo with a brand new 1 and still it was reaking out the back.

we removed the intercooler pipes and cleaned out all the excess oil and put it back together and it run spotless no reek so try that mate. its something simpe that could help alot.

ruggiero06

Member +
ok the oil seals went in my turbo so got a 2nd hand one cheap but its not smoking as bad as the 1st turbo was? its still blowing lots of oil out the dv. i toke out the sparks and they had oil on them? the car seems to be runnig sound bar the oil out the dv and the smoke when you rev it after idleing? is it just the turbo shagged or is there piston rings gone? the oil was on all 4 spark plus, can anyone help??

same thing happened to me word for word. did a comp test and cylinder 3 and 4 were lower then the rest and 3 was way lower. also my head gasket had blown so oil and water was getting into my cylinders...

rebuild time

same thing happened to me word for word. did a comp test and cylinder 3 and 4 were lower then the rest and 3 was way lower. also my head gasket had blown so oil and water was getting into my cylinders...

rebuild time

its only after a new headgasket and 2nd hand bottom end that ran perfect

Chris@CCM

Member +
the breather on the rocker cover if there is lots of oil coming out of it ur pistons will prob be cracked