Piston rings

azerty

Supermoderator
quick question

do 4efe and 4efte piston rings the same ?

Some mecanics say they are different (but don't know differences...) and other say they are the same

Last edited:

dac69er

Super Moderator
i would say they are the same, but looking on toyodiy, there are a few different part numbers for the rings between years and cross referencing the number only brings up 4efte fitment.

i cant see what would be different apart from maybe the ring gap specs, but that wouldn't mean a different ring would need to be used!!!
seems an excessive cost to have lots of different rings when they could easily standardise.

azerty

Supermoderator
this was my opinion. they will use different part numbers, just for the fun of it. but produce one standardised product

dac69er

Super Moderator
I assume for forged pistons the rings are totally different yeah?

Phil

most likely as the rings will be specific to the piston type. probably only manufacturer differences though, so a 74mm piston ring for a ross forged piston will fit all 74mm ross forged pistons, but they may not fit wiseco 74mm pistons. I may be wrong though, but that's the way most companies do things.

azerty

Supermoderator
yeah, Actualy I'm doing 2 engines,

one forged (will order ross ring)
and one standard. thanks for info on 5efe rings

5e colin

Member +
no problem :) i got mine from ozzy i will look for them in a while and paste them next time when i come online there cheap to less then half price then toyo :)

Skalabala

Member +
I always use 4EFE rings. Hastings are better than OEM.
They are 1.2mm 1.2mm 3mm

Ring land thickness on forged pistons are the most of the time the same but the depth is not the same.