plasma dials gone down anyone help?

turbo-fever

Member +
hey people had my plasma dials for about year now and today i went to turn them on but nothing happened they seemed to just stopped workin any ideas why?

cheers

Are theses guages or are they on your speedo/ rev counter? Check to see if the wire was come off where they're connected to the 12volt supply?

turbo-fever

Member +
well the orignal backlights are still there (bulb for the needles) but the colours have dissapeared from the dials, well gonna pull them out at the weekend wen i get a chance, just thought i would ask see if anyone had the same problem

Aidan-G

Member +
mine are broke ages now...i only have the needles glowing...

ahh well they were old,and the light of them was annoying me:)

you may need a new transformer

Aidan-G

Member +
do you know the little box im talking about?

you can replace them,but i dont know where to get them,and it looks like a bi*ch of a job...

this it usualy the fault with them..

did yours just stop completly or go on and off?mine did this for a long time before they croaked!:p

turbo-fever

Member +
do you know the little box im talking about?

you can replace them,but i dont know where to get them,and it looks like a bi*ch of a job...

this it usualy the fault with them..

did yours just stop completly or go on and off?mine did this for a long time before they croaked!:p

no mine just never came back on never flickered or anything, will get thr lil box out see if i can find one

Aidan-G

Member +
no mine just never came back on never flickered or anything, will get thr lil box out see if i can find one

they may come on again..mine used to go on and off,then sometimes not work for a few weeks and suddenly come on again!lol

check your wires,it could be something simple either:)or what i used to do....give the dash a good bang!lol

turbo-fever

Member +
they may come on again..mine used to go on and off,then sometimes not work for a few weeks and suddenly come on again!lol

check your wires,it could be something simple either:)or what i used to do....give the dash a good bang!lol

ha ha will give it a try lol cheers for the info if nothin works will just buy new set lol

weakboy2

Member +
lol mine turn off randomly, then if i press the brightness buttons they come straight back on.

kinda wish i never fitted them tbh :p