Please help! Td04 banjo bolt problems!?

Steveo1

Member +
Hi guys!! Right could really do with sum help big tym on something wich should be sooo simple!! Basically I have a td04L which I believe was off a 2007 wrx ( or so I was told neway) and basically as above I'm havin problems with banjo bolt hole sizes?? I currently hav the bolt with the really small hole?Possibly for a vf? But I've read so much stuff and every says different, what I would like to know people's is

1. Does the new td04l use the banjo with the big or small hole
2. Were to locate the correct one
3. Could I drill the hole to size myself? For example if there was a way to measure the flow and drill the hole accordingly??

I've learnt a hell of a lot from the site and I really hope some of u good people can help me out need this back on road!!! Cheers every 1

aidan

Member +
if ya got onto subaru with the serial numbers off the turbo they should be able to tell ya exactly id imagine

glanza97

UNTRUSTED SELLER
Hi guys!! Right could really do with sum help big tym on something wich should be sooo simple!! Basically I have a td04L which I believe was off a 2007 wrx ( or so I was told neway) and basically as above I'm havin problems with banjo bolt hole sizes?? I currently hav the bolt with the really small hole?Possibly for a vf? But I've read so much stuff and every says different, what I would like to know people's is

1. Does the new td04l use the banjo with the big or small hole
2. Were to locate the correct one
3. Could I drill the hole to size myself? For example if there was a way to measure the flow and drill the hole accordingly??

I've learnt a hell of a lot from the site and I really hope some of u good people can help me out need this back on road!!! Cheers every 1

merlin motorsport

Steveo1

Member +
if ya got onto subaru with the serial numbers off the turbo they should be able to tell ya exactly id imagine

Well ye this was my initial thought, however my local Subaru dealership arnt the most freindly or helpful and refuse to look 4 anything without a vehicle chassis number to go on!!?which I haven't got.lol thanks anyway mate.

Skalabala

Member +
if there is space to make it 3mm then go for it!
I would say the Subaru has a stronger oil pump thus the tiny hole.
if the turbo burns oil because of the bigger hole then get a new bolt.
don't do it the other way around :D

weeJohn

Lifer
S15194AA110

Thats the Subaru part number for the big hole bolt for a TD04L from the earlier Imprezza if thats any use to you mate.

Steveo1

Member +
if there is space to make it 3mm then go for it!
I would say the Subaru has a stronger oil pump thus the tiny hole.
if the turbo burns oil because of the bigger hole then get a new bolt.
don't do it the other way around :D

I like ur thinking mate thanks alot,I'm gunna drill it out tonight I think!! But can I damage the turbo from giving it too much oil,i.e the seals?? Thanks again

Steveo1

Member +
S15194AA110

Thats the Subaru part number for the big hole bolt for a TD04L from the earlier Imprezza if thats any use to you mate.

Cheers buddy,yh that's what I'm unsure of hole size because I'm sure I've read sumwere that the new td04l using a different banjo from the older ones?? Just can't find any solid info onit,thanks

Steveo1

Member +
Interesting! And what year turbo is it? Also what size would u say the size of the hole was? Mines just gt 1 small hole that looks to b like 1 1/2 mm, but another thing is that I ordered the braided oil feed from tunning developments and the banjo has a smaller diameter the than the feed, so it's loose in the fitting.I'm having to use rather large copper washer to ensure a good seal if u get me!!! Cheers people.

Skalabala

Member +
If it is 1.5mm then I would open it up a bit!
If your engine gets old and you switch to 20W50 then I can't see how a 1.5mm hole will feed enough oil to help cool the core.

Steveo1

Member +
Yh I'm defos gunna drill it out,but like I said is it possible to damage the turbo by giving it 2 much oil?? Thanks buddy

weeJohn

Lifer
Yes, you could damage the seals or cause them to not be able to hold back the ammount of oil in there if its to much.

Skalabala

Member +
Yes, you could damage the seals or cause them to not be able to hold back the ammount of oil in there if its to much.

Not meaning anything negative, but how do you damage a carbon steel seal by giving it to much oil?
Steveo1 use a 2.5mm drill :)