please help

briggers

Member +
when i first brought this car (gt 1994) it was fine on boost and now when i put my foot down i hit fuel cut and its starting to anoy me as i cant go fast without it happening now its not even in high gears it seems to be fine one day and it doesnt do it much then some days its happening quite alot. i havent done any mods to it since i brought it and i dont know why its starting now as im not messing arround with boost or anything. what could the problem b and how can i solve it?

ChrisGT

Member +
Alright mate bet you're noticing it hitting fuel cut when its colder outside, which is due to the air being colder/denser.

All that you can do really is try turning down the boost a bit.

briggers

Member +
someone said it could possibly be boost creep so iv been reading up on that 2 so i want to get a hks actuator and de-cat but the colder times would explain why it wasnt happening when i got the car as i got it in august.

Last edited:

ChrisGT

Member +
Yea m8 you could get an hks actuator and set the boost to standard, then decat it and hope it doesnt creep.

monka

Member +
well like said above, it is quite cold at the moment, which means more likely to creep,
when you got your car in the summer, it was hot, so air was less dense, so less air was going in

briggers

Member +
dose fuel cut or boost creep make your car sort of judder?? coz mine did that last nite at about 5,000rpm???
yer first time it happened to be i thought i blew the engine up lol but then it went back to working but i just drove like a granny for the rest of the night as i had not had anything like it in a car before but thats because of being a first timer with a turbocharged car. lol anyway getting back to the point yer its like the whole cars power stops for a split second and you cqn really feel it its like the engine had a massive pocket of air rushing through it. its not good for your car as your over boosting

Rossi-GTturbo

Member +
i know it scared the s**t outa me i have only had it for 3 days and i fought i fckt it already!!! do you know how to stop this from happening again??

briggers

Member +
well from what i have read up on it is were the car is overboosting so could be boost creep (read up on boost creap)or you have it on 2 much boost. llook at the modifications on the car and post them back up here. look for a new actuator de-cat and airfilter. these are the first things i think that you should check. this website is very good for explaining things also try ukstarletclub.com thats also helpfull. i cant say why your car is doing it because there are a few factors and i dodnt want you looking for something that you dont have i.e boost creep but i seem to only notice this problem in the colder times we are having as it never happened when i brought the car. look at the mods and hopefully someone would know what you can do to stop that...

ChrisGT

Member +
Most likely causes of boost creep are anything that frees up the turbo intake/outake, so exhaust, filter, de-cat etc.

If you have a manual boost controller or adjustable actuator you can turn your boost down to a level where it won't creep. Also get a boost gauge so you actually know what your running!

PS. Briggers - still up for 8 tonight yea?

briggers

Member +
yer did you get your other mate to come? my mate will most probably come in his new car (saxo vtr) lol i told him he should have gone jap. im a bit skint at the mo so cant drive 2 much tonight lol