Pls Help In a bit of trouble

Valdo

Fresh Recruit
Hi got in to my car this morning everything was ok as normal was traveling to work in heavy traffic. temp guage went up to 3/4 so i flored it to stop in the hard shoulder the minute i put the foot down guage went down to normal so i said will be ok once moving put the heat on full blast and ddrove the temp gueage kept going up and down to mental tempretures the minute it would get to nearly red i would turn my car off and roll then turn it back on when i needed to. eventually i got to work and i opened rad cap there was really high pressure steam coming out and water bottle was nearly empty. would it be thermostat or water pump? or maybe just airlocked? any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Valdo

Fresh Recruit
Is your headgasket on the way out?!

Can you see anywhere it might be loosing water from?!

head gasket brand new when i was puttn the engine in a week ago got head skimmed and new toyota head gasket havent noticed any water leaking but remember when putn engine back together water hose at the bottom of the rad was abit worn old. but like i said i havent noticed any leaks

clarkytrd

Member +
Check for leaks around all pipes, water pump, around the head.

If no leaks found, just top it back up and drive it again and see what it does.

Dub-Se7en

Lifer
check the stat, but check it's not pressurising and forcing the coolant out the overflow bottle on boost, quite common, and usually down to a warped block.

top the fluids up, empty the expansion bottle and drive the car normally for a while, note the amount of coolant in the bottle,

then drive it harder and check again, some expansion is fine, but if it's filling right up then you might have a problem.