PM Box Limit

Craig

Lifer
Hello,

Might be difficult to implement/maintain, but have you considered offering PM Box expansions at a small cost to members? Maybe 1EUR for 100 extra message spaces?

I understand a concern would be people paying 10EUR for 1000 extra messages, so would be worth restricting to 500 or so.

Just an idea!

Thanks,

gv1.3

Admin
good idea Craig but the PM limit cannot be set per account it is set per user group so it would involve setting up a different usergroup.

Let me look in to how best this could be done. In the meantime could those that may be interested in this reply in this thread. If there is no interest we wont take it any further.

Also craig if you want to back up your PMs there is an option to download them all once this is done you can then just clear your inbox. I do feel your pain though... my limit is 1500 and it is always at 99%...

Craig_GT

Lifer
I like to keep some stuff as "evidence" from Sales/Purchases etc in case some dispute was to come up!

Yeah i did this when i was breakin that Starlet, once it was full i did as Dylan suggests and downloaded them onto my PC.
They are all deleted now right enough as my last sale on here was over 3months ago and i dont have anythin left! lol

Craig

Lifer
No worries Dylan, I forgot about the backup feature.

The best suggestion I can come up with is User Groups which are:

Paid Member - 400
Paid Member - 500

And so on up until 1000. As people pay, they get moved in to the correct group. Permissions would be mirrored from the paid member group, so the only changes noticed by the user would be the PM Limit. This would of course result in creating 7 New Groups (400 - 1000), but as it would only be a one time deal, not too much hassle.

Cheers for considering, hopefully the interest is there!

gv1.3

Admin
creating the groups isnt the problem... its the automatically moving people between the groups or the option of doing it manually which is not a runner at the moment.