Police :(

stuart

Member +
On my way to pick up daughter today saw a ovlov parked up with a policeman sat in, no lazer gun, just talking on his walkie talkie, soon as I went past, he turned around blues on and pointed me over. Pulled up kept engine running, he went to open my passenger door, locked (unlucky mate) so tapped on me window, said stuart? - Yeah I replied, he said just want to have a quick look over the car mate, leave engine on will only be a couple of minutes, thought ok - He walked around and came back to passenger side and said ok, have a nice day...weird eh?

Less than a mile down the same road, 2 ovlov's each side of road, as I came down the road I knew fullwell the result, pointed and me and then to the layby, same routine again, stuart? Yeah.... Is this your car? Starting asking me if I put the exhaust on, if I put the wheels on, why is the car so low? Loads of random questions, then said you have square number plates and your exhaust is rather on the loud side. which then looked over at the other guy and just nodded at him???? Said its an import it came with sqaure plates and the exhaust was on it when I bought it....then came the big question, what is it a 2.0ltr? no 1300cc, he said oh ok, have a good un and go steady.

Was waiting for my 3rd time just outside of Scarborough but it didn't happen, have they got nothing better to do on Mothers day? I saw countless bikes flying past me on the same road, wheelying and taking daft risks, why pull me?

stuart

Member +
PNC check's I think they are called? Check number plate, gives all details to them, both policemen asked me to confirm second name...but daft thing is, they ask me if I'm insured, when it tells them on the computers they have!! and that its an import so why ask about the plates?!?!

Sticks

Member +
1 more time and you could get them done for harassment :flame:

Bloody pain in the ass really :(

p2d

Member +
They are annoying, but i only got pulled over when i was being an arse, and they always let me go which was lucky! First time was midnight i was doin 60 (naughty) in a 30, and got let off! Second time i was doin 60 in the country on the way to cadwell park, and got pulled again, because they had a "Temporary 30 zone" again, got let off. But i do know people that get pulled 24/7 for no reason, i think it just depends on how you look, and what car it is..

Rory

Lifer
Launch a complaint against them.
Theres no need for them to pull you over twice in the same day, unless you doing something daft.

Monkfish

Member +
1 more time and you could get them done for harassment :flame:

Fail.

Anti-terrorism laws and Anti-Social laws mean Police do not need to have a reason for pulling a car over.

Launch a complaint against them.
Theres no need for them to pull you over twice in the same day, unless you doing something daft.

See above.

Bloody pain in the ass really :(

Sure, it's a pain in the arse, but I'm sure you'd have something to say if your car was stolen and the Police didn't find it before it got toasted. I really don't see why people have so much contempt for the Police, they're doing their job. Yeh, sure, it may seem like you're being harassed if you get pulled over more than once, but often when there are several Traffic cars in one location they are clamping down on something, be it un-taxed cars, drink drivers or chavs. Again, I'm sure you'd be pissed if one of the above slammed into your car having just passed a Police patrol.

Think about things from the Police's point of view too. How many times do you think they've pulled over some mouthy chump from the local council estate for having a loud exhaust, dark window tints or for driving like a spanner? Hundreds I'd wager. Is it any wonder that they get a little narked at 'boy racers'? If your car is 100% legal and you are driving sensibly, just brush it off as a spot check, be polite and you willl be let on your way.

If you've been driving like a clown or your car is obviously illegal or looks like it is, is it any wonder you've been pulled over?

Think people. :homer:

EP82

Member +
Very well put Mr Fish, I completly agree with the above,

there just doing there job and if my car had just been stolen I would be glad to see some kind of action being taken!

Rory

Lifer
Yes i agree with you Monkfish, but you can still launch a complaint.
What was there reason, to stop him again, less than a mile down the road?
Surely they would have known he was just stopped a bit further back, if there doing there job?

Ted

Member +
Fail.

Anti-terrorism laws and Anti-Social laws mean Police do not need to have a reason for pulling a car over.

See above.

Sure, it's a pain in the arse, but I'm sure you'd have something to say if your car was stolen and the Police didn't find it before it got toasted. I really don't see why people have so much contempt for the Police, they're doing their job. Yeh, sure, it may seem like you're being harassed if you get pulled over more than once, but often when there are several Traffic cars in one location they are clamping down on something, be it un-taxed cars, drink drivers or chavs. Again, I'm sure you'd be pissed if one of the above slammed into your car having just passed a Police patrol.

Think about things from the Police's point of view too. How many times do you think they've pulled over some mouthy chump from the local council estate for having a loud exhaust, dark window tints or for driving like a spanner? Hundreds I'd wager. Is it any wonder that they get a little narked at 'boy racers'? If your car is 100% legal and you are driving sensibly, just brush it off as a spot check, be polite and you willl be let on your way.

If you've been driving like a clown or your car is obviously illegal or looks like it is, is it any wonder you've been pulled over?

Think people. :homer:

the other side of the coin is that cops have targets now to fine motorists for little unimportant things like number plates etc. they have to do this now to make money for their budget. theres no money in catching burglars hence why if you ring to say youve been burgled they will only give you a crime number, not even show up. this is why i personally take offence at their spot checks.

EP82

Member +
the other side of the coin is that cops have targets now to fine motorists for little unimportant things like number plates etc. they have to do this now to make money for their budget. theres no money in catching burglars hence why if you ring to say youve been burgled they will only give you a crime number, not even show up. this is why i personally take offence at their spot checks.

You make a very good point, its as if your problem does not matter if it is not earning the govornment (spelling) any money!

stuart

Member +
I agree with you mr.monk but I'm talking about twice, within 500 meters of each other, 2 seperate officers... I was on a national speed limit road barely doing 30 mph, bikers whizzed passed me with tiny number plates / race cans on, but I got stumped :(

Nothing is illegal on the car, it passed MOT with exhaust, the PNC check (I think its called that) shows all this information, I had my licence ready to show them it was me!

I'm not fussed about getting stopped and them having a look around the car and checking details, but twice in less than 500 metres is a bit :(

p2d

Member +
You've gotta understand, the police take *ALOT* of stick from people. If they dont pull you over, its just going to be someone else, its a fact of life. If your driving a starlet with a loud ehaust your going to attract more attention than your grandad in his Rover going to the shops.. I personally have alot of respect for the police, admittidly they can annoy me sometimes (Like trying to take me to court for a car acident, its not like i wanted to crash!?!?!?) but you just get on with it. If someone smashes your window, it would be nice for them to come and take prints, but if it happens 10 times a night then they'd never have any time left for "real" crimes.

EP82

Member +
I must be honest I dont have much respect for the police, I have had my car broken into before, I have also had the house broken into and did they show up? Not a chance!

but as soon as I slip over the magic 30mph they want my money! and the only reason they want my money is to pay the wages of the guy with the speed camera!

Phenom

Member +
You've gotta understand, the police take *ALOT* of stick from people. If they dont pull you over, its just going to be someone else, its a fact of life. If your driving a starlet with a loud ehaust your going to attract more attention than your grandad in his Rover going to the shops.. I personally have alot of respect for the police, admittidly they can annoy me sometimes (Like trying to take me to court for a car acident, its not like i wanted to crash!?!?!?) but you just get on with it. If someone smashes your window, it would be nice for them to come and take prints, but if it happens 10 times a night then they'd never have any time left for "real" crimes.

Don't F**kin start me off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WANKERZ - ALL OF EM......................

Iain@CRD

Lifer
You can lodge a complaint of harrasment but thats only when there pulling you over excessively, i think its something about more than 6 times a week .. i cant really remember.

Its pathetic to be honest, i got pulled over because the cop heard my dump valve, he said "bit fast there eh?" erm how about no .. i wasent doing 30mph and it wasent excessively accerlerating.

A cop cut my up at a round-about, saw me enter the roundabout first (im too his right, so he should have looked .. saw me .. then gave way.) Instead he enters the round-about almost causing an accident and i beep my horn at him. Next thing hes behind me pulling me over.
Guy has the cheek to ask .. "what you playing at? trying to show off infront of your mates?", i just replied "you cut me up, highway code states the horn is to be used to warn other drivers of your presence and im 110% sure i done that"
Guy was no older than me on a power trip, tried to tell me he was going to an emergency, i said "without your lights and siren on?" Guy never had a reply for me, fucking tit.