port matching turbo & manifold!?

dac69er

Super Moderator
im going to do this on my turbo and manifold as well as the gaskets to make sure the flow is as good as it possibly can be. has anyone actually done this and noticed any difference. any real gains from doing this or is it all just minimal?

there are quite a few little differences between the jam and std manifold. the jam one has a larger outlet to the stock item. also both runner 3 and 4 have had the restrictions removed from them.

will update on this when its done!

riko666

Member +
Lets us know how it goes chap...cause once I finally get my hands on a JAM Manifold I may be cheeky and ask a certain someone to help me do what you're doing :p

dac69er

Super Moderator
will be doing it at work next week. need to enlarge the gasket quite a bit as its restricting the manifolds outlet. i then need to enlarge the inlet to the turbo by about 1-1.5mm to make it match.
once i get the manifold to head gasket from toyota i will match the ports from the mani to them as long as they line up with the head outlet ports ok.

small differences to be had but its something i can doo whilst waiting for the toyota parts so i can actually swap everything over!

cant wait to see how she goes, the stock mani is worse than i remember it!!!!!