possible issue with Demon Motorsport external wastegate

SKINY

Lifer
first things first folks i don't know a great deal about these and may just be being dumb :)
issue is when have it in my hand the top/bell will spin round freely, been thinking that its duffed for a while now but then last night i put the wee collar in and fitted it to the manifold and it was rock solid, wouldn't turn at all.
so is this normal or is it duffed folks ? :)
WP_20180621_06_33_23_Pro.jpg
seems when the plunger thing to the left has the collar inserted and fitted to manifold it tightens up.

are you referring to the piston in the centre?--- the part that moves to release pressure?
or are you talking about the complete bottom half rotating?

SKINY

Lifer
are you referring to the piston in the centre?--- the part that moves to release pressure?
or are you talking about the complete bottom half rotating?
Hey buddy, the whole bottom/top spins depending what way your holding it, piston in centre spins with the bell if you get me :)
I've written it off and am looking a good tial, turbo smart one now, cheap.......

My first experience of having my pants pulled down buying parts for years :(

i have an old tial and new style tial...the old one is like yours, with 10 years of use and never a single issue
yeah, its worth it to get reliable parts in the long run...you may get lucky and something pops up in the for sale section

SKINY

Lifer
i have an old tial and new style tial...the old one is like yours, with 10 years of use and never a single issue
yeah, its worth it to get reliable parts in the long run...you may get lucky and something pops up in the for sale section
Hope so, next week finished work for 2 weeks, 2 weeks to get my kit on........

thefalls

Member +
I have the same style external waste gate and funny enough today i took it out for inspection, its doesn't spin freely like yours but there is some rotation.
Mine came from the Zisco kit, years ago.
Is yours holding boost?

SKINY

Lifer
I have the same style external waste gate and funny enough today i took it out for inspection, its doesn't spin freely like yours but there is some rotation.
Mine came from the Zisco kit, years ago.
Is yours holding boost?

i bought a brand new one and its as solid as a rock mate no rotation at all, id say yours is bucked if it turns ?
no chance to test it yet fecking exhaust issues yesterday so CT9 kit back on today :(

thefalls

Member +
I had unlimited boost last time i was hammering it. Wastegate wasn't working, maybe stuck open. And after cooling down a bit everything came back to normal.