post your mistakes!!!

popsy09

Munster Area Rep.
just taught it would be interesting for members to post any mistakes they have made with there car ill start
> never buy wheels without checking offsett first 32 offsett will break your heart lol
>never buy dump valve off ebay ""rrrrrrrrrrssssssboom" :haha::haha:

ktl

Member +
When i tried fitting my oil temp gauge to the oil filter housing. I put the tensioner bracket the wrong side and the tensioner bolt was catching on the pulley. I thought i cut it down... anyway found out the tensioner bracket was supposed to go on the other side. So now to tensionthe alternator belt is by doing it by the pulling on the p/s pump and use the bolt that holds the bracket lol.

fail for me

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
changing from 4th in hi revs to 1st (in the mini and i dont know how the fuck it went into first!) will blow your engine... after a week car mad some crazy noises and we found block cracked

"qmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm *gear change* BBBBBBBBBIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM"

Decided to sell all the aftermarket bits of my car last December.

Changed my mine after Christmas and now modified it again! Expensive!

TO82

Member +
changing from 4th in hi revs to 1st (in the mini and i dont know how the fuck it went into first!) will blow your engine... after a week car mad some crazy noises and we found block cracked

"qmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm *gear change* BBBBBBBBBIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM"

:homer: :haha:

graeme

Fresh Recruit
buying a starlet - my wallets been empty ever since. :D

Not had anybiggies. maybe forgetting that the cat-bracket has 3 bolts that attach it to the engine, not 2. muppet :p

popsy09

Munster Area Rep.
buying a starlet - my wallets been empty ever since. :D

Not had anybiggies. maybe forgetting that the cat-bracket has 3 bolts that attach it to the engine, not 2. muppet :p
totall agree with you on this i had ae111 before glanza and i was struggling to find mods for it but with the v its something different every week im after spending nearly 3 g already :haha::haha:

buying a 97 1.6 mondeo!

bushings bushings bushings bushings bushings:mad::haha:

and soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo slow

IT WOUDNT PULL THE SOCKS OFF A DEAD MAN:haha:

Gilly2006

Member +
i made a silly mistake of topping the oil up and not putting the oil filler cap on and drove for a few miles! oil EVERYWHERE! FAIL!!!

changed the oil, put the oil pan under the car. checked everything........ jumped in the car, moved it away and ran over the oil pan and oil went alllllll the way down the side of the car and all the way up the side of the white back door and garage door! took me 45 mins to clean everything!
Fail!!!!

payed 500quid for an xr3i checked the usual areas so seemed like a gd buy, went for an mot 4 months later, failed was gona cost 600quid to fix:(, pulled the carpet up wen i got it home completely rotten underneath due to water damage boot was completely gone, looked at the last mot had no advisories:confused: , sold the car for 75quid (to a friend) wiv a full ashley system which cost 300quid:(, was my first car so live and learn, friends nearly finished restoration on it, mesh and body filler:rockon: