power fc base map?

dac69er

Super Moderator
have any tuners on here got any opinions/observations on using the base map on the power fc?

read a few things which say the base map is basically a map for a lightly tuned car running 100ron fuel?

from what you have seen is it a usable map or is it a bit shit?

want to fit the power fc just to check a few things, which will include using the car for a bit, but nothing extreme.

i know it will need mapping, but just want opinions from people who have datalogged or tuned from the base map on a lightly tuned 4efte.

azerty

Supermoderator
PFC basemap is for CT9 with RON100 indeed.
I had to remove loads of timing to use PFC with our crap fuel (ron93) and my TD04L 13g. then my aquamist helped me to gain 3/4 timing degree

Chris@CCM

Member +
Timing map is abit over advanced at low loads but it's not too bad to start from
Tho I all ways start from scratch

dac69er

Super Moderator
when you say from scratch, what exactly do you mean?

surely starting with the base map would be best for most setups?

GTwayne

Member +
It's only a map to allow you to drive it around without stressing the engine until you can get it fully mapped.

Chris@CCM

Member +
I wirte my own base map dude then go from there , using info from the engine spec , map scales u need to use etc

dac69er

Super Moderator
It's only a map to allow you to drive it around without stressing the engine until you can get it fully mapped.

thats pretty much all i want. just want to use the power fc to log things like knock, air and water temps etc just to make sure everything is 100% before i go any further.

Rory

Lifer
Im only going on what i heard from the lad that maps my car, and he likes the base maps on the PFC, as in there done very well and are a very good base to start with.

azerty

Supermoderator

this statement would be true only if your engine is fully standard and that you use not less that RON100 !!!! otherwize it will knock like hell.

if you got a CT9, and use RON 98 fuel, you can temporary remove 3/5 degree on the full ignition map just to be sure you won't get any knock, so you can process your testings. there is a quick fonction for that (but you'll have to do it every time you start your car as it is a temporary feature). if you got an other turbo, I'm afraid you're gonna have to get it maped properly

Chris@CCM

Member +
I would say on low load there way to much advance any way no matter what fuel it's on I would say 46 ish would make the seam power mabby even less , for sure remove some timing to start with funny cos some cars even with big turbos and 95 Ron stock Cr u can run alot of timing

mech5107

Fresh Recruit

Exactly what the stock map is. It should never be used for extended time, don't think even to boost. It's only to start the car and drive to the tunner.

dac69er

Super Moderator
this statement would be true only if your engine is fully standard and that you use not less that RON100 !!!! otherwize it will knock like hell.

if you got a CT9, and use RON 98 fuel, you can temporary remove 3/5 degree on the full ignition map just to be sure you won't get any knock, so you can process your testings. there is a quick fonction for that (but you'll have to do it every time you start your car as it is a temporary feature). if you got an other turbo, I'm afraid you're gonna have to get it maped properly

car is stock, apart from side exit exhaust, front mounted filter and fmic as its my ep85.

will be getting it mapped, but just want to check sensor readings seem correct and that the boost control kit seems to work as it should etc. over the winter i shall hopefully be doing a TD04 conversion so will get it mapped after then.

i have datalogit software and know the software pretty well. i can just whack a bit of timing off and keep my eye on the knock level.

azerty

Supermoderator
Timing map is abit over advanced at low loads but it's not too bad to start from
Tho I all ways start from scratch

BTW, what do you mean when you say low load ? during vacum ? (P0 to P10) or during low boost (P11 to P14)

Chris@CCM

Member +
BTW, what do you mean when you say low load ? during vacum ? (P0 to P10) or during low boost (P11 to P14)

0-10 pal no need for timing like that I can see it making any odds u could knock it down 8-10 on the lower loads no probs nothing to do with knock u just think ur well by mbt