Power fc

K24-GlanzaV

Fresh Recruit
Very concerned I have brought a dead power fc. Should the car power up with no engine in? Obv. Battery and body earths are all still on, but the hand controller does not come on atall.

Have tried the commander in a pals car and it works fine, any help would be greatly appreciated.

dac69er

Super Moderator
i would say no. things like the alternator would most likely need to be connected. also the ground near the inlet mani might be needed.

can you not try the power fc on your mates car?

K24-GlanzaV

Fresh Recruit
That's what I was thinking, I'll wait till the engine is in and fingers crossed that's correct!

I have a ep91 and understand there modal specific, he has a ep82 but would it matter if I just plugged his harness into my ecu?

dac69er

Super Moderator
may power up, but doubt it would run the car. i wouldnt risk it without cross-referencing the wire connections first.

K24-GlanzaV

Fresh Recruit
I'll sit tight till my engine is in I think I don't want to kill it if it is good as I'm not a massive fan of electrics and don't really like to play about with that side of things.

Texx

Super Moderator
The ECU is earthed at the inlet manifold (opposite end to the throttle body). Without that terminal grounded the ECU will not power up. If you link that terminal to the body of the car your Power FC should spring into life.

K24-GlanzaV

Fresh Recruit
The ECU is earthed at the inlet manifold (opposite end to the throttle body). Without that terminal grounded the ECU will not power up. If you link that terminal to the body of the car your Power FC should spring into life.

Thanks so much dude!!! As perfect as always, worked a treat :)

Saved me a heart failure!!!