Power loss at 5k rpm???

racerboymx

Member +
Well lads bit of a mysterious case with me Glanza V at the minute!! the car is running fine untill i hit 5k rpm and then she just dies like it is hitting a restrictor or fuel cut?? i had this problem once before and i changed the fuel filter and it was sorted back to normal, so am i right in assuming my fuel pump is f**ked :confused: new NGK leads and plugs only went in 2her about 2000km ago so i am kinda ruling that out!!

racerboymx

Member +
My mods are rsm apexi, HKS adjustable actuator at 8psi, 4branch mani, decat with 2.5" cat back to HKS super silent power flow exhaust, HKS SSQV, NGK blue leads!!

Last edited:

racerboymx

Member +
There is no smoke or any sort of oil in the intercooler!! i just fully rebuilt the engine only 2000km and the turbo was perfect no signs of any damage or play!!

350ep70gr

Member +
Well lads bit of a mysterious case with me Glanza V at the minute!! the car is running fine untill i hit 5k rpm and then she just dies like it is hitting a restrictor or fuel cut?? i had this problem once before and i changed the fuel filter and it was sorted back to normal, so am i right in assuming my fuel pump is f**ked :confused: new NGK leads and plugs only went in 2her about 2000km ago so i am kinda ruling that out!!

I had exactly the same on my BMW and was the fuel pump.

Chris

rage

Lifer
does it feel like a fuelcut or does the boost just die on you?
incase the boost pressure drops out at 5k you should check the air intake, had that problem on my car and turned out that a piece of rubber was torn and was blocking part of my turbo intake. and once i hit 5k revs the turbo just coulden;t take in enough air to maintain boost.

racerboymx

Member +
yeah its just when it goes to hit the boost it is dying! kinda think it is the fuel pump because i had the problem before and once i changed the fuel filter it was working again!!! cheers lads i will check the air intake as well cos i relocated it to the front bumper!