Power source for central locking

Guye

Lifer
Last night I converted my car from manual to power windows. The power source and relay were already hardwired in from the factory so connecting the door harnesses was easy (tip for anyone doing this: take off and swap over the runners from the manual regulators as the mounting points for the glass is different for power windows). The power windows are working perfectly, but the central locking actuators are getting no current. I had assumed the same power source (hardwired 30 breaker and relay) would cover both the windows and central locking. Can anyone confirm which fuse or circuit powers the central locking? I have the full wiring diagram but it's vague as to which wire in the connector does this...or I'm reading it wrong. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Guye

Lifer
It's worth noting that I did see the orange connector for the door control module under the dash. Is there a unit or relay this plugs into and if so, would that cure the issue I'm having?

Guye

Lifer
Problem sorted. I did need to fit the door control module. Central locking is working fine now. Tip: you are doing a similar conversion, get this unit also as it is not fitted if your car came without central locking originally.