Precision 39mm wastegate.

glanza2281

Member +
Hello every1,
can anyone help me connecting a precision 39 mm wastegate to a Greddy profec B boost controller?

The wastegate does come with installation wiring instruction but not for electronic boost controllers.

I previsously had an HKS wg and worked fine with the settings I chose on the EBC. Will i need to reconfigure profec to be able to use the new wastgate? Now the wastegate sems not to be opening at all.

Any1 plz help.

I want to know wher to connect the COM and NO port of the boost controller.

thanks

pig666eon

Member +
are you sure its compatible with a ext wastgate? there is a vac type and a push type

vac type will be for most external wastegates it operates like your bov, it pulls on the diaphragm opening and closing the mech

and push type for internal wasgates that pushes the swing arm open and closed

you need to do some research on the one you have and see what one it is if not both, some have a little switch on the solenoid to switch between the two

ramses974

Member +
what kind of greddy profec b do you have??? the old profec or the profec 2 b...if it is the profec2 it is easy you have 3 port (com ,no & nc) for external wastegate you have to link com & nc (com is always on the wastegate side)

ramses974

Member +
i know this precision turbo i have the same on my mazda , the kit with a lot of springs ...it is the same as a tial to wire it

glanza2281

Member +
Its a Profec BSpec II and it has COm and NO on it. Not sure of NC as I used to have only two lines running from it to control the previous external wastegate.

what kind of greddy profec b do you have??? the old profec or the profec 2 b...if it is the profec2 it is easy you have 3 port (com ,no & nc) for external wastegate you have to link com & nc (com is always on the wastegate side)

glanza2281

Member +
I have not touched my previous setting yet as I want to be sure before I do something. However the boost controller shows 1.9 bar as peak boost achieved. The wastegate has a combination of internal springs of 1 bar. However my previous wastegate had a spring of 0.8bar but using the EBC it could hold the 1 bar easily. What I want to do is basically set the wastegate to open at 0.9 bar (SET GAIN) and then the boost contoller has an option whereby I can control the boost sensitivy (GAIN) by a percentage to raise it to 1 bar.
Is it possible to open the wastegate with that 1 bar spring at 0.9 bar or or the physics of the spring will never allow this?

its not ur boost controler but it will b the same http://mr2.com/ARTICLE/BlitzDualSBC.html also wat pressuse is ur spring in the waster gate and did u set ur controler hi enough

glanza2281

Member +
I was using this to control an my previous external wg. so I assume it must be the VAC type. Honestly I never thought that there could be 2 types and that it could affect its operation as in whichever case a vacumm line is used as a signal to activate a diaphragm.

are you sure its compatible with a ext wastgate? there is a vac type and a push type

vac type will be for most external wastegates it operates like your bov, it pulls on the diaphragm opening and closing the mech

and push type for internal wasgates that pushes the swing arm open and closed

you need to do some research on the one you have and see what one it is if not both, some have a little switch on the solenoid to switch between the two

ramses974

Member +
with the profec b2, you have to use NC & Com ....like i told you..no set up on the menu like the Blitz just change the port ...

glanza2281

Member +
I have already conected it as indicated. However I feel that the wastegate is not opening at all. I dont hear the screamer pipe anymore as it used to. Am thinking whether the springs in the wastegate are not too hard? It is set to 1 bar and i wnt to achieve 1 bar..this lead to me thinking that the COM is just adding addiotnal force on the diaphragm leading the wg to delay opening. Can this be the case?

stuarty1

Member +
take ur waste gate apart it should open wen u reach i bar mate is it would b point less if it didnt lol see if u can push the piston bck a we tinny bit by using ur two thumbs it hard but if u manage to get it it should b ok and its something else then

glanza2281

Member +
take ur waste gate apart it should open wen u reach i bar mate is it would b point less if it didnt lol see if u can push the piston bck a we tinny bit by using ur two thumbs it hard but if u manage to get it it should b ok and its something else then

I`ve blown my engine :( trying to fix that shit.....

will take it out when changing engine and just try run 1bar of air pressure through a compressor. i assume it should open.. but if it doesnt will just lower the spring rates and test again...but if it does not open i cant see whats the prob with it... My boost controller reads a peak boost of 2.08 bar which blew the engine. for a wg with an internal spring of 1bar..i cant undrstand why it allowed it spike that high...just does not make sense to me..