PRecision Turbo

elison

Member +
Hi mates,

I just want to get your toughts on this turbo on a fully forged 4e.

http://www.precisionturbo.net/turbo...ails/Entry-Level-Turbocharger---5454E-MFS/474

Are you trying to put together a cost effective turbocharger system for your vehicle? Well, we've got just what you're looking for! Precision Turbo and Engine's line of Entry Level Turbochargers provide the perfect solution by delivering a high-quality turbo at a budget-friendly price.

This Entry Level unit features the following:
• MFS (Machined From Solid) 54mm inducer compressor wheel
• "E" compressor cover 3.0" inlet/2.0" outlet
• 54mm exducer turbine wheel
• Turbine housing options:
- T3 .63 A/R with 4 bolt discharge
• 360° journal bearing system

PTE's Entry Level turbochargers help you get the high-end performance you crave in a smaller package at an affordable price.

Cheers :rockon:

elison

Member +
Thanks for the input mates.
Im just searching for a upgrade turbo once im done running in my forged engine. What about this one:

http://www.precisionturbo.net/turbo...s/details/Entry-Level-Turbocharger---4831B/55

Precision Turbo Entry Level Turbocharger - 4831B

• 48mm inducer compressor wheel
• "B" compressor cover 2.8" inlet/2.0" outlet
• 57mm exducer T31, 76 trim turbine wheel
• Turbine housing options:
- T3 .48 or .63 A/R with 4 bolt discharge
• 360° journal bearing system

I would go with the .48 housing as for this one? Or is it still to much for our little engine?

Turbo is capable of 375HP

Tnx :)

GP82

Member +
What is your aim/ target hp required?

With that in mind, you then need to look at the selected turbocharger compressor flow maps.

Choose a map/ compressor wheel that falls within the 70 - 75% efficiency for your engine's airflow requirement.

Select a map/ compressor wheel that has your target boost pressure plus engine airflow that both intersects furthest to the right side of the 75% island on the flow map.

This will net you good turbo response which i believe is the main factor when matching a compressor's flow to engines air flow. Or simply choose a turbocharger that will achieve what you require when it is operating at it's peak. Good luck!

elison

Member +
Hi GP tnx for the post,

My aim or my wish is to use the car as a wknd strip car and also drive with it during the week ocasionally. For power i would like to run if i could say it like this, around 275 to 325 HP

Thats the reason im in search for charger to suit my freshly forged engine. I tought about the GT28RS but its quite pricey and looking at the specs i tought the precision would be around the same specs and it fairly prices compared to the Garrett tough the precision its a journal bearing turbo which i dont mind that much.

Im a bit confused with the A/R sizes and exhaust housing thing so im doing some ask around to get some info or sugestion from folks who have some better knowledge on these. What i can understand is that the .48 would puff out in the top rpm's and that a .63 or .64 would be reasonable for our little engines but then again you have different sizes of turbine exducer sizes and somon forward.

So any sugestions on A/R sizing and dimensions and sugested turbos would be great information.

Thnx buddies.

GP82

Member +
Selecting a turbocharger to match requirements can be tricky, spesh for use on small motors like ours. Maybe see if anyone is using the Precision turbo and you could poss obtain primary evidence and feedback on how it operates.

You want to look at a turbo as a whole, the compressor housing and wheel is the primary factor in determing how much boost and power a turbo is capable of, but nowadays the manufacturer of the charger will state it’s hp capability, but how it will operate on a specific motor is a different comic altogether. Also the exhaust turbine housing and it’s A/R ratio needs to be within so that the turbine wheel can make the comp wheel spin fast enough to produce the required airflow at the specified boost level.

What you can do, which ever way you want to go about it is try the .64 backend housing, see if it nets you the results you want (this would be more good for a drag setup). If the results are not acceptable, then you can try the smaller .48 turbine housing (better for the street) of course taking into account that the turbine housings on the selected turbo is interchangeable.

wickedep

Trader
mate,
the t3 platform turbine housing 0.48a/r is the same as th gt-series 0.64a/r. so the 0.48 will be fine. do not go with the t3 .64 back end as thats pretty big, similar to gt-series 0.83a/r..pretty big for our motor..power will be all the way up top. its ok if your chasing numbers..but forget about driving on the road.

sacha