Problem after installing Walbro

elton

Member +
Hi guys,

I used to run on a stock fuel pump with 35-40psi on idle with a rrfpr.
However, after replacing the existing weak pump with a Walbro 255lph pump, I cant seem to re-adjust the Sard rrfpr below 60psi lol.

Any idea why cant I? The car is running extremely rich now. I have an emanage but i doubt that it can lean out the mixture with the existing pressure being that high.

Changing to a new rrfpr didnt help either.

Another thought was, The fuel pump is wired straight to the ignition key via a relay. For certain cars, the pump goes off 5secs after the ignition is switched on without the engine running. As for my car, the pump runs constantly with the ignition switch on. This is due to a dumb mechanic who wired the pump straight to the ignition just to fire the car up when the halfcut went into my charade.

Anyone can help me with the fuel pressure?

350ep70gr

Member +
Either your fpr is faulty wich i dout..or your return line to the tank is somewhere blocked or bend and dosent let the fuel to return to tank and builts pressure.Open the tank cap while you blowing some air from the return line to hear if air goes to tha tank.
60 psi it is almost the highest pressure the walbro can deliver when it is totaly blocked .(without return line).

What is happening when you try to adjust the fpr?

Chris

elton

Member +
Thanks Chris.

I have 2 units of fpr now and results are identical.
I can increase the pressure to above 60psi when i turn the screw down. The pressure can be decreased after that, but not below 60psi :0.

elton

Member +
yup, from where the fuel comes in, its piped to the bottom of the fpr. And the other outlet of the fpr on the side goes into the fuel rail :).

I replaced it with a completely new FPR with using the existing meter.

Well, I did a tune today and apparently its running fine at 11.0-11.5 with emanage. No idea what went wrong though.

Maybe the fpr meter is fecked.