problem need help

RobEP91

Member +
im not sure if this is in the right section if not could someone move it thanks anyway
heres my problem i was sitting in me car today and had it thicking over for awhile the temp gauge started to rise then the fan kicked in and the gauge kept rising to just under the red at the top could any of yous have any ideas what it could be??would it be a dodgey termostat

Last edited:

RobEP91

Member +
thats what im going to do are they dear man and weres the best place to get them??
do you think i should get a sard one

corofin12345

Member +
nope.. no need.. your local motor factors sell them and heres a little hint for you... dont ask for a glanza thermostat.. ask for a corolla 4efe thermostat.. the are the exact same but for the price..

corolla 4efe thermostat = 13.50
glanza/gt 4efte thermostat = 19.50 upwards

the minute you say jap import in places their faces light up with joy as they can over charge you..lol

RobEP91

Member +
thanks for the tip man i wont be letting them rip me man lol
the water in the top rad hose was bubbling is that bad man
im going to give you some rep in a second

corofin12345

Member +
process of elimination man.. try the thermostat first and get back on here if it doesnt cure it.. if the thermostat is stuck closed the water in the engine will boil and youll see bubbles at the rad cap.. im outy man.. get back to me when you get that done or pm if im not online so i can see it when i come back on..

RobEP91

Member +
process of elimination man.. try the thermostat first and get back on here if it doesnt cure it.. if the thermostat is stuck closed the water in the engine will boil and youll see bubbles at the rad cap.. im outy man.. get back to me when you get that done or pm if im not online so i can see it when i come back on..

i got a new thermostat 2day it cost 25euro man but it seems to have solve the problem because the needle hasnt went above just under half way and the fan is kicking more so happy days,thanks for helping you seem to be the only one that replies to my treads people must not like my on this site or something lol
i gave you some rep man