problem since engine swap..

morpheus

Member +
hi guys
got a friend who is having a problem since he swapped from na to a ep82(gt)engine...
the problem is that after a long drive his oil light come on...and also there is like a cup of water missing in the radiator,but the water resevoir keeps overflowing,that is water from the rad goes back in the resrvoir..
he already drained and service the rad many times,,(double core)
changed water pump
put the fan always on for a test..(just to b sure thats its working)
also he dont have a thermostat..:(
also he told me that hes lacking power
what ur opinion about this guys,,,
thks

H_D

Member +
I dont think its safe to run an engine without a thermostat as im sure thats what tells the fan to come on,

glanza4ever

Member +
1st it has a second temprature sensor for the fan so you have no worries about it.
2nd ask your friend if he sees white-blue smoke from the exhaust when the engine is hot.
3rd and most possible his turbo needs rebuild , i had almost the same problem and it was a ct9 problem.
chears

weeJohn

Lifer
If its pushing out water then it could well be the head gasket. Worth doing a compression test on it and post the results.

morpheus

Member +
1st it has a second temprature sensor for the fan so you have no worries about it.
2nd ask your friend if he sees white-blue smoke from the exhaust when the engine is hot.
3rd and most possible his turbo needs rebuild , i had almost the same problem and it was a ct9 problem.

chears
tem sensor already changed,,new one...
no white blue smoke..
about the turbo someone told me the same...will tell him to try another one,,,thks

ChrisStarletGT

Member +
do a compression test sound like leaking head gasket to me pressure from the cylinders pusshing water back through rad to overflow tank