problem with my set up

morpheus

Member +
hi guys
am actually facing a big problem but seem that i cant find a solution,really need ur help on this
i got a set up with tial external wastegate and a hks evc s to control the boost..
the problem is ,i got a .7 bar spring pressure in my wastegate but when the boost controller is OFF,i have only .5 bar boost on my gauge...
seems that ithe wastegate is opening earlier...but i hooked a compressor to the wastegate,an it opens sharp on .7 bar...means that the spring is ok.
-i performed a boost leak test ,there were loads of little leaks,but still same problem
-changed the intake and exhaust mani gaskets,injector seals...still same problem

-by pass the boost controller ,,same problem...
:(
dont know what to do...
my conclusion seems that the wastegate is opening earlier....imo..;)

thefalls

Member +
Are you sure there are no leaks in the lines running to the hks boost solenoid?

*edit.

Maybe try another wastegate?

Texx

Super Moderator
I'm using a Tial with a 0.7bar spring, with the gauge plumbed into the inlet manifold after the throttle body peak boost reads 0.5(ish)bar, with it plumbed into the boost hose that connects to the top of the wastegate peak boost reads 0.7bar.

morpheus

Member +
i'm using a tial with a 0.7bar spring, with the gauge plumbed into the inlet manifold after the throttle body peak boost reads 0.5(ish)bar, with it plumbed into the boost hose that connects to the top of the wastegate peak boost reads 0.7bar.

ok will try this tomorrow...will try to connect the boost gauge to the top of the the wastegate...
But why is this,,should be same pressure all over the boost circuit...

morpheus

Member +
Texx
also am running with an ebc ...means that i got the com form the solenoid that is connected to the top nipple of the wategate..whats ur advice?
Do u have an ebc?

Texx

Super Moderator
Where have you plumbed the pressure sensor for the HKS EVC S? What peak boost pressure does the EVC display?

There will be a pressure drop between the turbo compressor outlet and the inlet manifold, this is due to the intercooler cooling the charge, a drop in temperature will naturally be followed by a drop in pressure.

morpheus

Member +
umm..think u are right mate....my boost pressure sensor is plumed in the inlet mani and it shows .5 peak..whereas tho boost signal fot the wastegate is from the compressor outlet,,
i will change this and take the boost signal from the inlet mani also and plum plum it to my boost controller solenoid...
thks texx...
wiil let u know whats happening

Last edited:

morpheus

Member +
BIINNNNGOOOOO TEXX hats off man..sorted my problem....i did as i mentionned just above.......peak on 1st and 2nd gear .66 to .67 bar..havent give it a good 3rd gear though..
thks a lot mate...

HKS111

Member +
BIINNNNGOOOOO TEXX hats off man..sorted my problem....i did as i mentionned just above.......peak on 1st and 2nd gear .66 to .67 bar..havent give it a good 3rd gear though..
thks a lot mate...

Glad u got it sorted mate.

Have u got a white glanza? Was it you some time back at Codex having some work done.