Problems with MBC, Setup Correct?

EP82

Member +
Right I have installed my MBC form toby (fast postage cheers mate).

I have mounted it in the engine bay, so no need for the T Piece, I have installed like the diagram below but even on the lowest boost setting I seem to be boosting towards a bar and hiting fuel cut, now I think I may have attached the Vaccum hoses on the wrong way around but I dont want to just go out messing with them before somebody can confirm this.

As I said it is set up as below:, Vaccum hose on actuator goes to the boost controller nearest the setting screw and the pipe to the turbo goes to the end of the controller with the arrow.

setup.jpg

Any help would be great on this

Adam_Glanza

Member +
yeah im gonna be fitting this soon so a detailed fitting guide would be excellent!

maybe another monkfish special would be nice :)

EP82

Member +
oh FYI, it is a complete bitch to tighten a jublee clip on the vaccum hose on the turbo, had to take intercooler and mani heat shield off just to tighten it!

EP82

Member +
Just been out and changes the hoses over, made no difference, feels like I have unlimited boost and keeps hitting fuel cut.

ChrisW

Lifer
I'm still waiting on mine but as soon as I get it and fit it I'll give you a shout and let you know how I got on! :)

Oh and I'm guessing its a TMIC you had to remove?

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
on the mbc, it says on one end " to wastegate acuator" so you put that end to the acuator.

I owned one of these,not off toby, and it done the same thing,wouldn't restrict boost after a while, and i noticed it the spring was gone.threw it out

EP82

Member +
Cant get to the spring as the unit is held together with an alllen key headed bolt which I dont have the tool for, I will have to get onto toby and get him to look at it to see if its the spring.

Nwimie

Member +
i had one on my car for a few weeks before i took it back off and just used the actuator it made the boost flux to much and overboosted to high.