prosport premium wiring question

churcherj

Member +
ok so ive got some prosport 52mm premium series gauges, oil temp/pressure and need some info on wiring (lovely gauges and thanks krissyb!)

so heres which wire does what:

red: constant power
black: earth
white: ignition of some sort accessory or whatever
orange: headlights

now on the tutorials it says i can wire this into the fuses etc can i not just use the headunit wiring? so i assume the yellow wire on the back of the headunit is the ignition wire and the red is constant?

and do i need to wire it to the headlights, as i want them bright all the time so i can see it better so surely wiring it to constant and ignition will just keep it bright?

hope that makes sense, if not i will wire it to the headlight switch

The red wire at the back of the radio is the ignition live and the orange is constant. If you want them on bright all the time (i might be wrong) but you dont wire the illumination wire to a constant. If you think about it, when you turn on the lights the gauges dim because you dont need them to be as bright at night so I would imagine you leave it disconnected but I would have to see the installation manual before I could confirm

churcherj

Member +
The red wire at the back of the radio is the ignition live and the orange is constant. If you want them on bright all the time (i might be wrong) but you dont wire the illumination wire to a constant. If you think about it, when you turn on the lights the gauges dim because you dont need them to be as bright at night so I would imagine you leave it disconnected but I would have to see the installation manual before I could confirm

ok mate thanks for that repd :) i need the constant so it remembers the peak settings etc, ive checked other websites and to keep it white all the time they suggest to not wire up the headlight (orange) wire and just leave it disconnected. i suppose when i install them i can have a play around to get the right lighting settings for it, repd by the way mate.

gona give this a go 2moro i think, just gota fit the sandwich plate first! dont have a grinder or anything to grind down the PAS bracket so may need to think of something else! can i file down the plate itself?