Proving to insurer your car has a cat1 installed-Aberdeen guys info

cameroon95

Member +
Hi guys,

My insurer has asked me to send a certificate of proof for my alarm system on the teg-only it didn't come with one.

I've tried auto sonic, halfords:)haha:) and motorwerks to see if I can get an inspection.

Does anyone know of anywhere that will provide a cert/inspection?

dac69er

Super Moderator
ring around the smaller 1 man type alarm installers. as long as they are certified for that kind of thing they will probably do it.

most of the larger companies would rather just fit a new alarm as there is more profit for them.

cameroon95

Member +
Yeah totally know what you mean mate, just trying to find one in aberdeen is the problem!

I was told it would cost around 10/15 quid-don't mind paying that for it.

George611

Member +
If you havnt got one then there wont be one to inspect? lol, i had the same thing insurance asked for imobiliser proof n i didnt have one so just got a cobra imobiliser fitted for 120, bobs your uncle fannys your aunt job done :) lol

dac69er

Super Moderator
why not just tell the truth? insurance will be void if it gets nicked and it doesnt have an immobiliser anyway. or as george said, just get a cheap immobiliser fitted.

Paul_JJ

Member +
Change your insurer -)

Some of the companies charge around £100 just to issue a certificate! They say it's the same as installing a new unit...