ps3 problem not finding the disc

iamlegend

Member +
just came across this problem now putting the disc into the ps3 and it does nothing doesnt find the game at all:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: even when i try to go on the online store it says error 80023017
has this happend to any 1 at all??
dont kno what i can do hope its not fucked!!
help?????

Last edited:

Tanz

Lifer
Ya maybe i can help as this has hapened to me before...how old is ur ps3 and is it just happening with the one disc or all

qadir786

Fresh Recruit
one of my cuzzins had the same problem with his Playstation 3 and he said it happened because the psn was temporary down due to some maintenance problems and it got sorted out quickly. maybe if you try tomorrow or later it should start working

iamlegend

Member +
Ya maybe i can help as this has hapened to me before...how old is ur ps3 and is it just happening with the one disc or all

every disc i put in not finding any, what did you do m8?
1 year 6 months had it for

Last edited:

iamlegend

Member +
one of my cuzzins had the same problem with his Playstation 3 and he said it happened because the psn was temporary down due to some maintenance problems and it got sorted out quickly. maybe if you try tomorrow or later it should start working

how would that affect the disc working thow ? my m8s just told me that he cant sign on the online store aswell but when he puts a game in its still finding the disc.

qadir786

Fresh Recruit
^^
well im not show about how it would affect the CD. but i have also herd about the ps3 getting something called a Yellow light which can cause the console not to read the disks. i personally dont have a ps3 so i can just tell you what i herd of other people with same problems

Tanz

Lifer
ok well firstly im a girl but am right well when that started happening with mine firstly i was told by the shop that dirt or grease could of got on the laser and thats y it mite not be reading so i got the stuff to clean it and still no good so then because it was just over the yr old the shop would not exchange instead they gave me a number for sony who then talked me tru reformatting the ps3 which still didnt work..So by this time i was raging with the guarantee out and no proof of purchase as clever me lost the receipt i taught i was rightly screwed and would have to buy a new one but when talking to the guys at sony they explained to me that there was a fault in some of them and that they would pick it up and deliver me a new one...so all was good in the end..:)

Can get you the no. if needed...

iamlegend

Member +
theres no yellow light which is good news but really confusing bout not reading the disc, hope i dont have to buy a new bloody console i didnt insure it aswell and its past its year gaurinte:mad::mad::mad:

iamlegend

Member +
ok well firstly im a girl but am right well when that started happening with mine firstly i was told by the shop that dirt or grease could of got on the laser and thats y it mite not be reading so i got the stuff to clean it and still no good so then because it was just over the yr old the shop would not exchange instead they gave me a number for sony who then talked me tru reformatting the ps3 which still didnt work..So by this time i was raging with the guarantee out and no proof of purchase as clever me lost the receipt i taught i was rightly screwed and would have to buy a new one but when talking to the guys at sony they explained to me that there was a fault in some of them and that they would pick it up and deliver me a new one...so all was good in the end..:)

thanks for that info, the number would be great:) gonna call them now

qadir786

Fresh Recruit
ok well firstly im a girl but am right well when that started happening with mine firstly i was told by the shop that dirt or grease could of got on the laser and thats y it mite not be reading so i got the stuff to clean it and still no good so then because it was just over the yr old the shop would not exchange instead they gave me a number for sony who then talked me tru reformatting the ps3 which still didnt work..So by this time i was raging with the guarantee out and no proof of purchase as clever me lost the receipt i taught i was rightly screwed and would have to buy a new one but when talking to the guys at sony they explained to me that there was a fault in some of them and that they would pick it up and deliver me a new one...so all was good in the end..

that sounds interesting did the console have a warranty seal on it?? and they took it with out a receipt

Tanz

Lifer
pm'd the no. to u and hope it help...

And ya they did take it without a recipt came to my front door and collected it and brought me a new one straight back..They did ask for the code on the back of it alright..

iamlegend

Member +
wiping my ps3 since its my only option:mad::mad: its going to take 3 hours to do lets hope it solves the problem if not i have to pay 99 pounds to get it blooody fixed by sony!! such bad timing !!!

1nsan3

Member +
sont openly acknowledge that there is a weakness in the bluray laser in some of the earlier ps3's you can repair it yourself by buying a new laser and fitting it but that invalidates the security seal, only other option which in my experience is only about 20 quid more than buying a new unit is sending it to sony who will send you a new on in exchange.