PS3 sky broadband and call of duty black ops

I have sky broadband when i test my connection i have nat type 2 but when i go on black ops it says nat type moderate does any one know how i can change my nat type to open so it dont take ages to join games ive tried a few ways ive found on the internet changing settings on my router through pc its doin my nut in now :haha:

I'm told this is a common problem with sky broadband ?

Cheers rep for any help:)

I have tried connecting router using Ethernet cable and still says moderate on black ops?:mad:

I was told by a lad before to turn on modern warfare 2 and change the nat type on that (I never had to change it manually, the game seemed to do it automatically for me), then eject the disc and insert the black ops disc and it should bet set to the nat type you want. I have done it numerous times and it has always worked but that doesn't mean it will work for you. And before you ask, I haven't a clue how it works.

P.S. you have to do it every time you want to play black ops

Last edited:
Do you have a copy of 'Modern Warfare 2'? If not then this won't work

Step 1 - Insert MW2 disc and proceed to multiplayer
Step 2 - Check nat type
Step 3 - If nat type is open skip to step 5
Step 4 - If nat type is moderate then return to the main menu and select multiplayer again
Step 5 - Eject MW2 disc without exiting the game and insert 'Black Ops' straight-away.
Step 6 - Start Black Ops and the nat type should now be open on black ops

Hope this helps

Last edited:

dan_ep82

Member +
id be surprised if that works i never could get my nat type open with skys router, best bet is to change to a better brand router!

id be surprised if that works i never could get my nat type open with skys router, best bet is to change to a better brand router!

I did say it might not work for him but if it does then it saves him buying a new router. Its worth trying my way first is it not? And If my way doesn't work, he can still do it your way ;)

dan_ep82

Member +
nothing to do with internet provider its the router security, by all means try that why i was just saying i have sky and could never get there router open nat type

dan_ep82

Member +
no probs its the crap sky router! cant fault there line tho! sky wont give you your username and that to use a different router but if you google get your sky broadband username and password you should be able to get one generated thats what i did dude

im with sky and never have any issues open all the time
but the mw2 thing dose work my brother has to play it for half an hour before it will change to open
my mate had the same problem he had bt internet but his nat was always strict till he changed his router and now its open all the time