pulling my hair out!!!!!

ALaN

Member +
Ok from the beginning,
My car failed its MOT the other day because some dirty cowboy had removed the ABS bulb due to a problem with the system.
after fitting a bulb and doing the diagnostic checks it gave me fault code 31 and 32 which is the 2 front wheel speed sensors so I removed them and clean all dirt and metal filings stuck to the magnets and pushed the cv joints back and cleaned the cogs, put it back together and it was only reading 32 which is the n/s wheel speed sensor so instead of running out and spending 135 quid on a new sensor I tried swapping the sensors over to see if the fault code would switch to the other side but it didnt its still coming up code 32 even after resetting the fault codes so I know its not the sensor.

Is there anything I've missed/not tried?

thanks
Alan

munday

Member +
Next step woiuld be to clean up any connector plugs and check the wires for breaks or shorts mate, and check any fuses too

ALaN

Member +
I checked the fuses first I should've mentioned that.
cant see where the wires from the nearside sensor run to after coming through the inner wing, they join the loom and either run across the slam panel to the abs module or under the fusebox and through the bulk head.

ALaN

Member +
sure do.
if I disconnect the sensor and put the multi meter onto the plug coming from the car I get the same readings as the other side :confused:
so surely the wiring is intact.
I'm ready for bridging the abs bulb onto the engine management bulb so it comes on with ingition and goes off when the engine is on lol!
I'd rather the abs was working mind you.

Ted

Member +
think im right in saying that it only takes you to disconnect then reconnect an abs sensor for a fault code to come up. you can reset the abs bit by pumping the brake pedal 8 times in less than 3 seconds(apparently)

ALaN

Member +
yeah i reset it every time i tried somethin different but the light stays on and when i do the diagnosis after a short drive the same code (32) pops up again