Pulsar Fluttering Valve

Exe_GT

Member +
Wondering if anyone can help.

I currently have a Bailey's dump valve which works fine. I saw at a race day once a Pulsar that had a valve that had a Fluttering sound. Does anyone know what this might have been?

Thanks for any reply's

Karl

lingl9z

Member +
Yeah as said just block the hole and vac hose up =] or i think one of the blitz dv's make a simular sound.

Blak_Mamber

Member +
haha yeah, no BOV mate. Thats the chattering sound of the turbo....

lol @ chipmunk.. mine does sound like that sometimes, & i run a Blitz BOV too, but i think because im running the filter in the front bumper, it causes it to chatter. Mainly happens when i built boost up from low revs & release.... sounds great :)

Kennedy

Member +
It'll flutter depending on how much boost youve built and how you come on/off the throttle and at what point your bov is set to dump it it. I ran an ssqv as tight as it would go.

Exe_GT

Member +
Yeah don't really get any at the moment. Got a air filter at the front,fmic and different turbo. I will try and find a sound clip of the one on that Pulsar becaus i know it had a specific valve fitted to it.

Nippon

Member +
Get a harder spring for your DV. Then it will only open on high boost levels. The rest of the time it will chatter.

sanchez

Member +
Yeah my mate had a pulsar with a hks Bov on it witch sounded awsome but when he had his turbo built by owen developments with a 360' bearing it used to flutter like mad.
Could that be anything to do with it?

iv a sard r2d2 bov, when i build up boost from low rpm and let it off it gives a flutter and blow off, its the way i have it adjusted. i have the standard efi pipe with a hks filter, sounds mint!

monka

Member +
haha yeah, no BOV mate. Thats the chattering sound of the turbo....

lol @ chipmunk.. mine does sound like that sometimes, & i run a Blitz BOV too, but i think because im running the filter in the front bumper, it causes it to chatter. Mainly happens when i built boost up from low revs & release.... sounds great :)

you running a tmic?

callumGT

Member +
It does sound cool butisnt it right that its stalling the turbo and the air spins back through causing the turbo to spin backwards?
which is bad in the long run

monka

Member +
just remember that when you posted pictures of the greddy type s ya had a topmount? i think anyway.

when i went to fit it i noticed in my tmic pipe (cusco jobby) the hole from the main pipe to the dump pipe was restricted, and i ended up with the same noise no matter what, tried it on a front mount with the dv by nearer the throttle body and it sounded lovely

edit ignore that, it was a different person i was thinking of with the greddy type s.

either way still the same situ, i have fitted 3 dump valves, hks, blitz and a greddy type s, all sounded basically the same, and was caused by a restriction,

Last edited: