Quad lights

king_stu

Member +
Guys,
Main head light blub has decided to give up. Can anyone tell me what type of blub it is, as i just took it out and it came out with a "L" shaped holder that is really attached to the blub (guessing that it doesn't seperate from each other:mad:). It had PIAA markings (don't remember if it had anything else written on it).
Any help would be great
stu

king_stu

Member +
Oh so they come as a whole unit then?! And when you say pricey, does that mean its kidney selling time? lol
Thank you guys!
stu

There's loads of ebay, not bad prices either.

But i know you are going to try CAF 2mrw, you might as well try Halfords too if no luck at CAF :)

From PIAA back to stock bulbs huh stu :)

king_stu

Member +
Sounds like another better thing that the quads can do then the smelly Glanza's... lol. Time to get on the phone and hunt me these Bulbs.

king_stu

Member +
Got the bulbs. Only problem is they have 2 runners on the inside and its stopping the unit connecting together, so its time to mod the bulbs lol. On a plus note they are 5 watts brighter. Does it matter that the bulbs are clear and don't have the blue coating on them?

smythy75

Member +
the coating doesnt matter
and the bulbs will need modifying! unfortunatly there is a slight difference from the uk and jap ones!

chinaone

Member +
the coating doesnt matter
and the bulbs will need modifying! unfortunatly there is a slight difference from the uk and jap ones!

http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/showthread.php?t=1082&highlight=quads
Extra info:
High beam - HB4 / 9006
Main beam - HB3 / 9005
you may need to mod new blubs, as the wings on the blubs are bigger.
as what i've done to my HID blubs on the pic.
The left blub has been cut on the wings, as the right one has big wings on them.
HID-3.jpg

king_stu

Member +
Getting out the dermel drill out at the weekend. Might get some pics and get shelly_star to host them for me. Once again cheers fellas.
stu