Quaife Diff repair?

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
Has anyone got any experience with Quaife when it comes to getting an LSD repaired?

I've yet to see the diff out of my box but going by the phone call from the guy that just took the box apart I'd say it is shafted!

Final drive broken
Output shaft broken
3rd gear broken and nearby gears damaged.

Lovely!

Anyway back to the Diff, it's a fairly sealed unit, the way he discribed it was by saying it has teeth broken, to me that indicates the crown wheel though. Poor things not even a year old lol!

I won't be buying another one if repair is not possible, I'll just get the welder out!

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
False alarm! The diff is ok!

He was playing a prank on me! I'm sort of feeling happy mixed with a want for revenge :freddy:

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
REVENGE!!!! :shoot:

X2!!!

But at the same time it has made me realise the need for a trailor, even if the car was towed home the day the box broke, the diff and final drive would have been turning and still causing potential damage.

billybob

Untrusted Seller
:)
X2!!!

But at the same time it has made me realise the need for a trailor, even if the car was towed home the day the box broke, the diff and final drive would have been turning and still causing potential damage.

well thats good to hear lad so role on 9th of may:)

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
:)

well thats good to hear lad so role on 9th of may:)

Yea, going to order up a complete bearing and syncro kit and fully refurb the box, think the final drive is ok, think everything is fine apart from 3rd gear and the bearings.

I'll be racing on the 9th by the looks of it, but I'll prob be shifting gears like a granny due to the fear!

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
Just back from viewing the carcass lol.

Diff appears to be ok, though I'll have it stripped down and cleaned of any fine metal fragments.

Rather than fit a new 3rd, I'm going to rebuild a different box that only needs syncros, diff bearings and CV seals. Just incase there is any hidden damage on either of the shafts.