Quaiffe Lsd - C52 Non Lsd Gearbox???

clarkytrd

Member +
what do i need to do in order to fit a quaiffe lsd in my non lsd gearbox??

i was told that i will need a final drive from a n/a starlet box.....

what do i need to do as im confused, i know its bben covered before, still cant get my head round it

Rory

Lifer
New diff bearings, that is all.

The crown wheel (final drive) will swap over with no problems also.

clarkytrd

Member +
i still dont get ths??

how come some people say that you need the lsd box to fit an aftermarket lsd(quaiffe,trd,etc....)???

and then need a longer shaft to suit the lsd box??

ive been told il need a n/a final drive because on the quaiffe lsd there is a 6 bolt pattern, and on the stock one there is an 8 bolt pattern??

can someone shed some light on this in detail.... so it can be drilled into my head!!

thanks

john

glanza_dan

Fresh Recruit
you dont need a final drive to fit the lsd in, all you need is the toyota bearings job done !.
you wont need longer drive shafts, your talking about the stock lsd gearbox

i still dont get ths??

how come some people say that you need the lsd box to fit an aftermarket lsd(quaiffe,trd,etc....)???

and then need a longer shaft to suit the lsd box??

ive been told il need a n/a final drive because on the quaiffe lsd there is a 6 bolt pattern, and on the stock one there is an 8 bolt pattern??

can someone shed some light on this in detail.... so it can be drilled into my head!!

thanks

john

HutchGlanzaV

Member +
A quaiffe will drop straight into your non-lsd box with no worries and nothing else (like drive shaft's or n/a final drives) needed. I know this because I have a quaiffe fitted to my non-lsd gear box.

clarkytrd

Member +
A quaiffe will drop straight into your non-lsd box with no worries and nothing else (like drive shaft's or n/a final drives) needed. I know this because I have a quaiffe fitted to my non-lsd gear box.

mmm ok.... cause my mate has one in his glanza and he had to get a final drive from a stock non turbo starlet in order to fit his quaiffe due to the bolt pattern being different???? WTF??

i dont know what the story is to be honest, know nothing about diffs!!

BallıGee

Member +
the nut highlighed in red must be replaced
gears.png
[/IMG]

BallıGee

Member +
when u open the end cap if its steel or the ally one u will soon find out you need to take off this nut and pull a few gears

clarkytrd

Member +
im fully rebuilding the whole car... along with my two mates who are qualified mechanics...

id just rather have a bit of knowledge before i do it...

munday

Member +
I think there are both 6 and 8 bolt diffs available for the starlet. 6 bolt = NA 8 Bolt = turbo

Rory

Lifer
Dont have to take any gears out when doing an LSD, can be done just by splitting the box.
Bit of a bas to do, but can be done.

when u open the end cap if its steel or the ally one u will soon find out you need to take off this nut and pull a few gears

Clarkey, order a Quaiffe for a Starlet turbo, and all you have to do is swap the crown wheel over and the speedo drive gear from your own diff from your gear box.
If you dont know what to do, get someone who does to do it for you.
Thats my advice to you, as you dont come across as someone that knows what there looking at. Not havoing a go, just pointing out what im hearing. :)

If you do have a go at it, good for you. :)

Last edited: