Quality Dastek Installer Near The West Midlands???

Dale

Fresh Recruit
Hi guys, Got a mk2 GT that Iv'e been building steadily over the last few months,

Iv'e recently fitted a Tdo4 to it and have some 315cc injectors on the way.

I have bought a Dastek Unichip to get it mapped as I believe it will run much safer.

Does anyone have any experience with these ecu's on a tdo4 setup?

But critically, does anyone know somewhere in the west midlands region where I could get it installed PROPERLY? I don't want to walk in the place and have clint eastwood stood there with the laptop if you get my drift.

ianmcintoshi

Member +
I use a dastek unichip as mangement for my td04 setup and its great. Much cheaper than a standalone and most other piggybacks but mapped my glanza just fine. Cheap to get setup too, think i paid about 250 or something to get mine fitted and mapped :)

Not sure where abouts would tune it around u as i went directly to dastek in dalgety bay. I would have thought most tuners would be able to map it bt not sure.

Dale

Fresh Recruit
I use a dastek unichip as mangement for my td04 setup and its great. Much cheaper than a standalone and most other piggybacks but mapped my glanza just fine. Cheap to get setup too, think i paid about 250 or something to get mine fitted and mapped :)

I imagined that would be the price due to the fact that the installer doesn't have to 'buy' the map but just starts from scratch.

However, I called up 'Aldon automotive' today and enquired £550+ vat!!! That is ridiculous.....:mad:

Has anyone from the midlands used a dastek?

Dale

Fresh Recruit
Fellas, just to bump this thread back up, been busy getting bits and bobs done on the car so still havent had chance to get the bugger mapped.

Has anyone in England or Wales on here had a dastek installed and mapped that was a good service and fair price?

Preferably someone with a tdo4 @1bar

M

mad_max926

try tdi mate i think they might be bear to you a place down here in kent will install and map for 250 thats at the tdi down here i think theres one near you and i am told tdi is a very good tuner. if not travel stay in a b and b and go somewere decent

Dale

Fresh Recruit
Max, have you got a url for tdi buddy? Traveling is no issue at all, I accept that to get it done properly its not always possible to do so on your doorstep! Lol that said I would like the journey to be of a reasonable distance from me in birmingham/staffs

Dave, could you install and map mine? Whereabouts are you located?

Dale

Fresh Recruit
Yes we could Dale, we are in North Essex

Hmmmmm, depending on what the fella who would be delivering the car to you and then collecting it says, I will hopefully be giving you guys a call.

I have a new cambelt and tensioner kit and an adjustable cam pulley that will need fitting, I was going to get a mobile mechanic to do it but if you guys are setting it up could you do this too as the timing will then be adjusted on the rollers presumably?

If so what price would I be looking at all in? PM me the reply if you prefer buddy, Cheers