Quarter Mile Time Calculator

HutchGlanzaV

Member +
If I have 140bhp and car and driver weigh in at 900kgs then I'm doing 1/4's in 14.87

Sound about right? 900kgs for a Glanza + me sound about right?

Dan3SGTE

Member +
i think its a load of bollox as they dont take torque into account which does help acceleration... not all about power to weight ratio.....

anyway say i should be hitting 12.07 hmmmm 1.2secs to shave off.....

also that site makes a good point..... what one persons time may be on a particular day may be completely different another day due to wind, air temp etc....

soo how can you really compare times unless they were really on the same day/same sort of time as each other.....?

its all good saying "ive got a better time then you" when its on a completely different day/time of the year etc.... even at a different track its not really a "fair test in my opinion"....

sorry, lol, just had a brain wave haha

Rosco

Member +
Obviously they are never going to be accurate. It basically shows a rough possible average time if conditions were perfect, your changes were spot on etc..

Not a bad guide though...

Kelly

Member +
yeh you always have everything against u in this country, especially the weather!! if i win lotto dan will ship some gts over to malta to get some decent times :D

GTti

Member +
bhp per ton and traction is what it's all about.

I'm well into over 200bhp per ton at just 160bhp :p I doubt I will be going over 180bhp in the future, but will have a close ratio gearbox. I'm not a 1/4 mile chap but 13's is a realistic time for the GTti with good tyres.

I have about 20kgs to loose from the sunroof yet and its surrounding material. As stock it was 820kg.

G6Turbo

Member +
Power at Flywheel (BHP) : 158
Weight without Driver (KG) : 1000
Power to Weight Ratio (BHP Per Ton) : 160.54
0 - 60 (Secs) : 6.79
0 - 100 (Secs) : 18.16
60 - 100 (Secs) : 11.36
Quarter Mile (Secs) : 15.24
Terminal Speed (MPH) : 91.60
Drag Strip Quarter Mile (Secs) : 15.04
Drag Strip Terminal Speed (MPH) : 93.21

with my fooking heavy corolla :p

geoffrey118

Member +
According to that calculator...mine does it in 20 seconds...however it's a load of crap cause it doesn't consider my 135ft of torque.

PS: I don't have a 4EFTE!