question for all gt/ glanza owners about plates.

Fraser

Fresh Recruit
Stuart, White Glanza v,ep91. From Aberdeen Scotland.
right ive had my glanza for nearly a year now. and have been stopped 11 times in 10 months.
now i was stopped first time for my license plates about 2 weeks after buyin the car, i suppose fair enough it was a sticker stuck to the bumper.
but i removed that and got the license plate on the front, the one that i got with the car.
i got stopped again wen i had the plates on, and got given a vehicle rectification notice to sort them. so after much hassle gettin new ones, i placed a full size rectangular on the front and a back plate which fitted perfect in the space at the back.
it was made by a proper manufacturer to jap spec sizes, 64mm x 44mm, with 10mm strokes and 10mm spacing.
i took the car to a mot tester and he stamped the rectification notice and i sent it off to the police.
ive had it on since bout september and have now been stopped yet again for it. they say that i should have a full size reg plate on the back.
it was not only myself that got stopped this time, my mate james with glanza was parked with me wen the cops stopped.
the police officer (wanker by the way), said that a full size reg plate will fit on the back of a glanza if u use self tap in screws.
they offered us to go home or they would give us both a rectification if we didnt so of course me and james went.
(i know im going on a bit but there is alot to it)
my other mate richie with glanza has full size reg plates, they dont fit in the space without them bending out at the bottom. he was stopped by the same officer and told if he got stopped by any other cop that he would get done for them cause they werent securly stuck on.
i checked the dvla website and it states that if the vehicles construction or design cannot accomodate standard plates then u are allowed smaller.
Dose the area with the revese lights come into this heading?
can anyone tell me wat the fcuk we are supposed to do?
thanks guys and girls.

RallyStarlet

Member +
stuff them mate, you are allowed jap plates. you are allowed a bike size plate on the front, and a jap size plate on the back, due to it being an import, and the rear bumper was designed for a jap style plate.

cole

Member +
jap plates are totally legal

the copper was a wanker you should have told him to fuck off :mad:

you should have said whats the point in vosa making the law if you decide to make your own

you only enforce it not state it

whiteglanzav

Member +
just print of that part from the dvla website then wen the :holdit: nob stops u again tell him 2 read wt it says then wen he has - tell him 2 shuve the papers up his wifes ample cunt lol

www.glanza.co.uk

Super Mod (極度の調整器)
The cop's wrong. Tell him to enforce the law, not one he thinks is the law. What it says on the DVLA site is right. Print it out, carry it with you, and prove him wrong if he gets you again. If he doesn't believe it, report him.

importplates.jpg

Stolen from Dave! ;)

jayc-glanza17

Fresh Recruit
the officer being stupid mate,
i live in essex, which is notorious for the police being overly harsh,
and wankers,
but with the jap plates the car has had, i have never received attention about those, as my reg is clearly visible.
th officer trying to be judge dredd, stupid idiot.

Fraser

Fresh Recruit
cheers for all your help guys and girls, ive got the bit from the dvla printed out now and carry them in the car. and guess waht not been stopped since gettin sent home. dickheads they are. cheers again guysand girls.