Question For Scottish Guys

TD04_5EFTE

Member +
Hey,

Just a quick question, was thinking about booking my car into Dastek at dalgety bay and was wondering if any of the other members have ever used them for a tune and what experiences you had and your thoughts on them.

Or if you could suggest any other places for tuning all views are welcome tho don't mention the place out at glasgow airport, had a rubbish experience there and well yeah enough said on them.

Rory

Lifer
Ive used Dastek for the ocasional RR Day, but never any tuning.
The last time i was up, they tried to tell my brother his car was dangerously lean, when in fact it was spot on, they never had the probe, close enough to the exhaust......

Wallace Performance in Aberdeen are Dastek dealers, again ive never used them at all, but there are the horror stories to go with it. It could have changed by now, but im unsure.

Japerformance in Ellon, used them for the ocasional RR day, but never any tuning.
Not really sure if i would let him tune, but thats my opinion.

Thats the main ones off the top of my head.

Rory

Lifer
Thats one thing i cant answer, as people have diffirent opinions.

I personally will be going with "The Dentist". He road maps(which i want) and has done a fair few cars coming through a mates garage. His Evo was in Japerformance a few Issues back, if you want to see what he can do.

ann_kelvin

Member +
Yeah. I would prefer the on road tuning too. My colleage got his scooby tuned by a guy down in edinburgh tuned on the road too (dunno if he's the same guy or not). Do you mind to pm me more info regarding "the dentist" might be interested when i need to get my car tuned once i got everything rdy. will the guy familiar with tuning the pfc? thanks

TD04_5EFTE

Member +
thanks for the info.

It's so hard to choose a place for a tune. I know anywhere north of Edinburgh will be out of the question for me. Was trying to keep it within a close distance as I need my avcr checked and also my safc setup for a fuel map.

After having a bad experience at one place and being ripped off don't want to fall in the same hole again.

If you could pm more about the dentist also that would be great. A road tune would be good as the car will be tuned on a range of factors rather than sitting on rollers with a fan.

herbie

Member +
The guy in Edinburgh is Andy Forrest - he only maps Scoobies.

Wallace Performance - Wouldnt touch them with a bargepole

The Dentist - my mates Evo tune was really bad. AFR curve all over the place, his engine is currently being rebuilt because of this.

Japerformance - The only tuner I trust with my car. He has so far done 4 maps on my Subaru and 1 on my Glanza. Been spot on everytime.

Dastek - cant comment, never used them. Dont think id ever run a UniChip.

Rory

Lifer
Perfect, conflicting opinions. :p

Just goes to show, that you would have to talk to the person mapping the car to see wether you would trust them.

Its a question you really cant answer.

TD04_5EFTE

Member +
Cheers for the information, Rep for you all.

Back to the drawing book and phone book I go soon to enquire with them for what I want and see what they say.