Question for TD04 boys running speedvision kits

churcherj

Member +
hi, im going to fit my speedvision kit in a few weeks and ive noticed a few areas which may cause me some difficulty. The speedvision manifold is meant to be stock radiator friendly, although looking at my mates setup whos also running this kit it seems to be a tight fit. also the actuator bracket looks like its going to hit the radiator or not fit behind it. so basically what im asking is if any1 is running this td04 kit on the stock radiator, can they post up some pics of what theirs looks like? just to give me an idea if its going to fit, or if i will need to change to a civic sized rad! cheers

clarkytrd

Member +
As far as I know, the actuator setup wont fit with stock radiators, if you went with an external wastegate setup you'd have no problem with the stock radiator.

correct me if im wrong!

sam_glanz

Member +
iv got a civic alloy rad mate, if you have the money then just go for one of them. free's up alot of space and saves you a head ache

churcherj

Member +
As far as I know, the actuator setup wont fit with stock radiators, if you went with an external wastegate setup you'd have no problem with the stock radiator.

correct me if im wrong!

thats exactly what i thought, although ive just ordered the non external wastegate manifold so thats abit of a bummer :( im sure the bracket could be modified to fit the stock radiator but will be abit of a bitch to fit it....funny they dont mention that when they sell the kits! :mad:

Member +
cant say i have first hand experience with his new td4 kits, but one piece of knowledge that might be of use to you is the fact that the uk spec starlet rad is about 2 inches shorter on the turbo side - allowing more clearance with the actutor. i am currently using it on my set-up as are a few other guys.
Ed

edit - could be worth checking out as it is a direct fit

churcherj

Member +
cant say i have first hand experience with his new td4 kits, but one piece of knowledge that might be of use to you is the fact that the uk spec starlet rad is about 2 inches shorter on the turbo side - allowing more clearance with the actutor. i am currently using it on my set-up as are a few other guys.
Ed

edit - could be worth checking out as it is a direct fit

ok mate cheers for the info, think im just gona buy a civic sized rad will make fitting it alot easier! thanks for the info lads, reps to u all

churcherj

Member +
cheers mate, ive just bought an xs power radiator civic shape, from a guy from near me, got it for 55 quid! he paid 130 for it new and hasnt been used, bargain :)

akaye4000

Member +
I run a uk rad on my td04 setup with a speedvision manifold and works perfectly the rads thinner and shorter and has no clearance issues:)

Ive just got my speedvision kit up and running. There was no way stock rad was gona fit with actuator bracket made up. I bought civic rad and all is fine now.

churcherj

Member +
Ive just got my speedvision kit up and running. There was no way stock rad was gona fit with actuator bracket made up. I bought civic rad and all is fine now.

cheers for confirming people, ive just bought a civic sized rad anyway, gona collect it in a minute! :) i was thinking this was never gona fit with the actuator bracket and the stock radiator! not sure why speedvision dont mention that when they sell these kits...i might PM sam now lol

churcherj

Member +
it does fit it is a little tight or use a half size civic rad :)

cheers mate, picked up a civic shape xs power rad last nite so should make fitting alot easier! question is, should i heat wrap my mani or not :s decisions lol, its a mild steel btw so meant to ideal for wrapping!